Chapter 1

◤       ◥

"I shoulda known it wouldn't happen 'cause it wasn't right"

Darkness.. Cold.. cushions.. Pillows.. Wait. Pillows?

Instinctively I opened my eyes only to feel a cold compress on my forehead. Blinking a couple times, I noticed I was covered with several sheer yet warm sheets. I reached to remove the compress, allowing myself to see the room I was in. I was on a fluffy mattress full of lavender pillows, the walls were covered in lights that appeared to be.. floating?

Where am I?

I moved the blankets away from my body, only to see scars littered all over my legs. That would've been alarming to me had I had no problem getting out of the bed. It took several moments just to get my legs to dangle off the side of the bed.

Why is it so hard to move my legs?? What happened?!

Telling myself that it was going to be okay, I decided to take my first step. Suddenly the door swung open, but being too focused on the floor, I didn't spare them a glance.

*CRASH!*

"Emilie?!"

Emilie..? That's my name.. How does he know–

I looked up to see who had just come through the door and was met with a pair of crystal blue eyes. He had light ashy hair that was tied into two loose ponytails. The exchange probably only lasted a couple seconds before I lost balance, falling forward. To my shock, he somehow appeared before me, catching me before I face planted.

"Emilie, be careful! Sit back on the bed, you've just woken up," he spoke softly. He helped to lean me back onto the cushions, only letting go once he was sure I wasn't going to fall. Stepping back, he went over to a table in the center of the room.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, pouring a cup of water from the teapot in the room.

How am I feeling? Well both my legs aren't working and I have no idea where I am...

"I-I'm fine, thank you for asking.." I mumble, not knowing what to say. He handed me the cup before going to sit on one of the seats in the room.

"I'm glad.." he sighed, "Emilie."

I perked up at the sound of my name.

"What do you remember?"