Chapter 2

◤       ◥

"𝐈 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐚 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐢𝐭 '𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐆𝐨𝐝 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐧 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞"

"I'm glad.." he sighed, "Emilie."

I perked up at the sound of my name.

"What do you remember?"

I looked to the side, racking my brain for any information that I could remember. It was terribly frustrating not being able to remember anything other than my name. It was just all.. so foggy..

"My name is Emilie.. Callisto," I finally responded, quieter this time.

"That's good, anything else?"

I shook my head, looking downcastedly at my dilemma.

"Well Emilie, it's relieving to know that you at least remember your name. My name is Lindel, it's a pleasure to meet you." The male kindly introduced, "I'm the caretaker of this place. If you have any questions, you can press the button beside your bed to call for me."

I nodded, noticing Lindel's smile curve downwards ever so slightly. However, it immediately went back into his original expression as he stood up.

"Hey.. Lindel," I muttered, "what happened?"

Despite his smile never leaving, he looked at me with an expression I couldn't decipher. Though, his eyebrows did arch downwards ever so slightly.

"There was an accident, and you were thrown into a coma because of it. You've been asleep for 3 months," he replied, voice unwavering.

"O-oh.." I mumbled, taking in this new information.

"I'll be back with some food, we can talk more afterwards." He swiftly walked out of the door, leaving me to scramble together my thoughts.

After about a week, I began to get a little more acquainted with Lindel. It took baby steps, definitely. It started with simple good mornings during the first days. For most of the days, I just slept. A lot. On the third day, I eventually confessed that I barely had any control over my legs to which he only smiled encouragingly.

It had been about a week and a half now that Lindel decided to take the next step of my recovery.

"Now that your body has regained a portion of its strength, it's time for you to try walking again," Lindel explained.