Chapter 10

◤                          ◥

"𝐎𝐡, 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥."

Note: This chapter is slightly more graphic and contains themes of suicide, depression, etc.

Memory Link: Activated

3rd Person POV:

A young girl is seen wandering the lonely streets of London. It's quite late at night and definitely not safe for a young victorian era woman to be walking on her own. Her chestnut brown hair was swaying in the wind, occasionally revealing her dark coal colored eyes. The moon was fully out, reflecting its light on her eyes— not that she seemed to notice.

She passed by several groups of women. All aristocrats wearing their finest jewels, gowns, and snide smiles. The upper class of England, so called the Queen's beloveds. Though their cowardice never let them physically hurt anyone, their cruel remarks and flaunts of power were enough to put anyone of "lesser status" down.

"Oh goodness.. She's quite the looker isn't she!" one of them giggled.

Another remarked, "Maybe if she actually put in the effort, she'd be happily married to the man of her dreams!"

"But then again, the poor don't have any rights to riches. Not that any man would want to love such a stain on society anyway!"

The young female's lip twitched as she walked by each group. All the same words. All the same minds. All the same humans.

She continued her walk, gripping her coat with her gloved hands. Out of nowhere, she is pulled into a dark alley by a gruff dusty hand. She is turned around to face her captor and is met with a chubby man with a sick grin on his face.

"Please release me," the girl commanded, staring him dead in the eyes. The male simply chuckled, suddenly grabbing her by the neck and pushing her against the wall.

"Oh no darling. That is not how these things work. You see, I'm sure your body would provide me both pleasure and riches, wouldn't you think so?" the male sneered, his breath intoxicated with alcohol and drugs.

"I won't ask again. Release me, human." she spat, gaze unwavering.

The man's grip tightened around her neck, "don't act like you're worth anything. You have no rights and no power—"