Chapter 12

"𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟"

"I assume you had a good time with Angelica?"

I looked up to see Anson perched on one of the lamp posts and below him sat a large black dog waiting.

"I did, I've recovered many memories with her," I smile, "who is this?" I ask motioning towards the dog.

The dog stood up and walked over to me, "Hey, I'm Ruth. Nice to see you again, princess."

"Nice to meet you, Ruth. Did Anson tell you my name?"

"That's Ruth, my familiar," Chise replied from behind me, "You two have met before."

Ah, I see. That makes sense.

"Stella! We're going now!"

"Coming!"

We began our walk back home to first drop off Stella.

"So did Emilie get her memories back?" Stella asked curiously.

"I did, all thanks to you Stella," I smiled, "thank you for coming with me."

"No problem! I'm glad to help, that's what heroes do in stories! Especially for their friends!"

We bid goodbye to the little girl as Chise said she had one last stop to make. We found ourselves walking towards a little peaceful town with beautiful cottage-style homes. Chise explained to me about one home where an old man used to reside. Apparently there was a fae that had fallen in love with him but was only able to confess her love to him while he took his last breaths. I nearly teared up at the thought.

I don't think I could ever bear to live with myself if I never got to tell the one I loved my feelings before they died.

"Did he return her feelings?"

"Of course, and he died no longer fearing death alone," Chise smiled sadly, "The fae's name is Redcurrent and she still lives in the house. She takes care of the roses in the garden that he cherished so much."

"I'm glad everything worked out.. Bittersweet nonetheless," I sighed.

"I'll be right back, I just need to give her a bag of magical pollen for her plants," Chise explained, "will you be alright waiting outside? I'll just go around and drop it in her chest."

"Of course, go ahead Chise."

The red haired girl walked around the corner of the house, her familiar following after her.