Chapter 7

◤                          ◥"𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞"◣                          ◢

"𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞"

Maybe Chise and Elias will be able to trigger and connect these broken memories of mine.

Lindel led me over to a flat grassy area where there was a huge dragon, the largest one I had ever seen. I couldn't stop gazing in awe at the dragon, and the familiarity was returning to me yet again.

« I'm Paulina, it's nice to meet you!

Likewise! My name is Emilie, I just have to say— you're so beautiful!  »

"Emilie, meet my friend—"

"Paulina!" I shout, smiling at her, "Wow, so you've grown!"

Lindel looked shocked from my outburst, but not before smiling wryly. The dragon, Paulina, gasped upon my arrival and immediately bent down.

"Emilie-hime, so it's true! You are awake!" she spoke, looking me up and down.

"Lindel~ are you ready?"

We both turned to the owner of the voice, only to find a small creature floating down from Paulina's back.

"Ah! I finally get to see you, Emilie! Lindel if you told me she was coming I would've come to greet her!" the creature pouted, "I've heard you can't quite remember everything, but I'm Lindel's familiar, Merituuli, and I'm a selkie!"

"It's nice to meet you, Merituuli. My memories are all over the place, I'm sorry I don't remember you," I respond, rubbing my arm awkwardly.

"No worries! We're all just glad that you're awake now. Aren't we, Lindel?" Merituuli replies, smiling over at Lindel smugly.

"O-of course," he coughs, "as I'm sure Chise and Elias will when they see you."

I could've sworn a light pink blush over his pale cheeks, as he covered them with his sleeve.

"Smooth smooth," the selkie giggled, flying up to Paulina, "All set?"

"Yes sir!" she shouted, opening her wings, "hop on Emilie!"

I nodded, walking over to the majestic dragon who bent her wing down to allow us to ride on her back. Merituuli seemed to whisper something into Paulina's ear, the both of them giggling to each other. Then I glanced over to Lindel to see him extend his arm towards the dragon, indicating that I got on first.