Chapter 16

◤       ◥

"What if we're not all that we thought?"

The leaves, fresh and dewy from the fog that had dissipated only recently, crunched beneath my feet. The night had only begun to fall, revealing the dim rays of dawn. He had left, gone away from where my eyes could see. It had been three days and there were no signs of him, other than the meals that were left inside my room that signified his presence whenever I was gone or asleep.

I need to talk to him.

There were memories that I needed to recover, and I needed to find Lindel in order to do that. However, he clearly did not want to be found. After running for what seemed like several hours through the enchanted forest, I came across what looked to be a small house. It was a small and very simple looking cottage, quite weird to be stranded in the middle of a forest. Something about it seemed familiar which probably meant that I had some sort of connection to it.

I knocked on the door of the cottage, that of which had beautiful pendants hanging from it. The pendant consisted of a golden star, a blue dragon, and a purple butterfly. Maybe Lindel was in here?

Something told me I was close but not entirely correct. My suspicions were answered when the door opened up to reveal a middle aged woman with jet black hair, lavender eyes, and honey-kissed skin. Her body looked physically pristine despite the almost tired look in her eyes. Almost as though she were expecting me, she simply smiled.

"You're finally here, darling. It's been too long."

Suddenly, memories started to flood my vision.

MEMORY GENERATING...
CONNECTION — SUCCESSFUL

3rd Person POV:

A brown haired young woman with dark coal colored eyes is seen walking beside a middle-aged woman. The older woman has dark black hair, lavender eyes, and honey-kissed skin.

"Rahab! Where are we going?"

The older woman, Rahab, continues to walk to a brown cabin hidden by the underbrush of the forest.

"I have someone I'd like you to meet," she replies, unlocking the door. Walking in, the pair is met with a young man with blonde ashy hair that reaches just above his shoulders. The male was wearing a dark blue vest with red and gold accents over a simple long sleeve, white tunic.

"Rahab you're back," the blonde chirped, covering the pot of soup, "Who's that?"

"This is Emilie. She'll be staying here with us and learning how to control her magic with you," Rahab stated, guiding Emilie to the couch.