Chapter 3: disapproval

the next day you woke up around 9 am. you yawned and opened snapchat. you clicked on connor's story and saw a picture with katya.

oh right, you remembered.

the conversation came back to you. it's ok. you decided to ask him to hang out after your next shift again today. you worked 3-7 today, so a bit of a shorter shift. you were only 17 so you weren't allowed to work more than 20 hours a week since you were a minor.

you decided to drive over to sadie's since connor was busy. you called her quick before you left.

ring ring.

"sup girl."

"hey sadie, can i come over?"

"yea sure i'm not doing anything. everything ok?"

"no yea, i just don't have anything to do. connor is busy again."

"oh.. i see. well please come over you know you're welcome any time."

"yea i just wanted to call and make sure."

"haha alright, see you in a few."

"see ya."

sadie hung up. you got into a semi cute, semi comfy outfit. some sweats and a nice croptop. then you just slipped on some air forces and you were on your way.

you arrived shortly. you and sadie only lived 10 minutes away from each other. you have been over so many times that you have not only memorized the way, but you could navigate it blindfolded. you got out of the car and rang the doorbell.

sadie opened the door. "heyyyy! i made you brunch. it's not much. just eggos haha."

"we'll i appreciate it anyways." you responded with a little laugh.

she led you into the kitchen and you saw a cute little plate of blueberry eggos and a glass of chocolate milk next to it.

"aww so sweet." you said.

"y/n, it's the same thing we have every time."

"ik but it's still cute that you like to make me breakfast."

"alright, whatever. anyways tell me."

you were confused for a second, but you ended up knowing what she was talking about. "what do you mean?" you played koi.

"come on, you know." sadie said. "obviously somethings up with connor again."

you sighed and sat down at the kitchen island in front of a plate. you took a quick bite.

"he's with a new girl again. she's really pretty."

"ugh. are you serious? idk why i'm still surprised."

"no but it's ok, she's just a friend."

"that's what you say every time. y/n, he literally has you wrapped around his finger. why else would he be hanging out with a bunch of other girls?"

"sadie, i know he loves me. he says it all the time."

"actions speak louder than words. i never liked him."

"whatever. it's ok."

"no it isn't." she slammed her hand on the counter. "you can't let him walk all over you all the time! he hurts you mentally like every day."

you hesitated "but the good times are so good sadie. he makes me feel so special sometimes."

"yea, 'sometimes', and what about the bad times?"

"the bad times..."

"they're bad. y/n i can tell when things aren't good. you always separate yourself from the rest of the world when it happens. how many times has he said he was busy with another girl in he past month?"

"uuhhmm like 2."

"that's a lie and you know it."

"we hung out last week before school, and he got me flowers.." you thought for a moment. "ok you don't have to agree with me sadie, but i love him, and he makes me feel special. i want him."

"ok, i'm not gonna force you into anything. but just know. if he keeps doing this i am going to finish him off."

"come on."

"y/n you know i won't actually. but can we make a deal?"

"sure." you sighed again.

"if he does this one more time in the next week, break up with him."

you knew sadie was right but you didn't want to admit it to yourself. connor hurts you mentally, and occasionally physically when it gets really bad. but you did love him and he made you feel loved on certain occasions, and you didn't want to lose that feeling of love. it's been 8 months, you didn't want to end it.

"okay.." you agreed. "can we just change the subject now?"

sadie looked at you with sympathy. you knew she was just trying to look after you. you loved her for that. she gave you a small smile.

"sure bugs." that was the nickname you guys have given each other since you were little. "what do you want to do?"

you thought for a moment. "i'm not sure, but i just wanna get my mind off of stuff."

you remembered matt from yesterday.

"oh! can i show you these new youtubers i found? they came into panera yesterday. they're really funny."

"oh sure! let's take a look."

you guys took your food and chocolate milk to the living room and sat on the leather couch. sadie turned on the tv and clicked youtube. she passed you the remote and you typed in "sturniolo triplets". you scrolled until you found a video you thought would be funny. it was called "nick has a lot to say about girl scout cookies".

it got to the part where nick was ranting about the cookies and you and sadie were laughing so hard.

chris asked nick a question. "ok, but what if a little girl came up to you and was like 'hey want some cookies?'"

nick cut him off "and she says 'oh we only have lemon ups left'. i would pick her up by her sash and throw her against the fucking.. mall wall."

he continued his rant. "fuck you and your lemon ups, you got my hopes up, you little bitch." chris and matt were dying at this point and so were you and sadie. "..that's what i would say to the little girl!"

you continued watching the video and it ended and sadie was still laughing.

"you were right, they are so funny."

you giggled, "yea they are."

she paused and looked at me. "they're cute too."

you turned a little red. "yea they are."

"you said they came into panera the other day?"

"yea yesterday."

"you should ask one of them out."

"sadie what about connor?"

"come on you would be cute with one of them. i'm thinking matt. he's quiet and nice and funny and he has a cute laugh."

you blushed some more. "whatever" you said.

"OHHH YOU THINK HES CUTE!" she said. "i need to come up with a ship name for you and matt!"

"no no no i have a boyfriend sadie."

"not for long."

you got a little upset. "i gotta go to work soon. i'm gonna go get ready."

"okay." sadie said. you knew she was only teasing you but it still got to you a little bit. you brushed it off but she was kind of right. you did think matt was cute. really cute. you couldn't help but hope he'd come into work again today.

you smiled at the thought.

1197 words