Chapter 8: matt's pov

i started walking back to the van and i just couldn't stop smiling. i knew she had a boyfriend, but i couldn't help myself. y/n was so beautiful and kind and thoughtful. she was also loving and apparently gives really good hugs. plus she looks good in my hoodies. i turned around and looked back at her once more before i reached my car and she was already in the door. i watched her as she closed it, signaling to me that the night was over and to enter the car. both of my brothers were smirking at me.

"what?" i asked.

"oh come ooonnnn." nick said. "it's so obvious that you like her."

my face got hot. "whatever. even if i did she has a boyfriend."

"not for long." chris said. "do you hear the way he treats her?"

"ok but today he literally took her out to lunch, paid for everything, and gave her an awesome necklace." i said. "maybe he really is changing.

"no way. that guy is a duche i know it. he's prolly just trying to keep her in the palm of his hand." chris responded.

just thinking about it made me so mad. how could anyone in the world be such a piece of shit to the most caring person?

"yea it pisses me off." i said.

"me too." nick said. "she's so nice."

"i agree." responded chris. "we've known her for what 3 days and we already have had a blast together?"

jeez it's only been 3 days and she already has me wrapped around her finger.

"matt. once she breaks up with him you gotta just swoop in and show her how a real dude treats a girl." chris encouraged.

"or just do it now by being a good friend, which you already are." nick suggested.

"yea yea, i guess. maybe if i just try to be myself and show her i care then she will see?"

"maybe." chris said.

i took a deep breath and started the car. maybe.

nick gasped in the back seat. "Matt you gotta hang out with her by yourself."

"What?!" i exclaimed. my stomach tightened out of nervousness at the idea.

"yes that's a good idea nick," chris said, "what should they do?"

"guys i'm not doing that." they ignored me.

"what about a cute sunset picnic??" nick continued.

chris smiled and pointed at him in approval. "yes that's good, but will that seem too date like?"

"guys!" i said again. once again i was ignored.

"i don't think so, i have taken a picnic with alahna before."

"nick that doesn't count."

"GUYS!" finally they heard me and stopped talking. "i can't do that."

"why not matt?" nick said, "it would be such a good start."

"because. she has a boyfriend, i don't wanna make it seem weird or have him get mad at her, or anything like that." I took a sharp turn into our neighborhood.

"jeez matt slow down." chris said. "and we're only trying to help."

"i know." i responded. "it's not like i don't want to hang out with her but i just can't."

"matt you don't have to be nervous, she's your friend, she'd probably love to hang out with you."

"nick is right." chris continued. "it's a good start."

i thought for a moment. it is a good start. and i do really want to hang out with her and just show her how she should be treated. i'd do anything for y/k. as i creeped up to our driveway i turned to my brothers.

"ok, fine."

"YES!" they both exclaimed.

"don't worry." nick said. "we will plan the whole thing."

"and we'll make sure connor doesn't find out." chris added.

"how are you gonna do that chris?" i asked sarcastically.

"i have my ways." he said under a laugh.

shit. what did i get myself into.

"ok whatever just make sure to run the plan by me when you're done?"

"okay i promise." nick said. "this is going to be so fun!"

"i hope so." i said to myself under my breath.

"no worries matt." chris said as he rubbed my back.

i nodded and we got out of the car. nick and chris excitedly walked up to the house with me right behind them. we got inside and we all went into nick's room to plan a perfect date.

i mean, hangout.

738 words