Chapter 4: matt's pov

i was laying in my room on my bed scrolling through tiktok. i was so insanely bored, i barely ever go on tiktok. my stomach made a sound and i could feel it's emptiness. i realized i hadn't eaten in a while. i paused my video and went downstairs to check the fridge. there wasn't anything too interesting i guess, just stuff like lunch meat and cheese and some fruit. none of that sounded appetizing to me at the moment.

my brain quickly flicked to one thing as i stared into the semi empty fridge. panera bread girl.

i found my way to the stares to find my brothers, and walked up them into chris's room. they were each doing their own things.

"are you guys hungry?" i asked my brothers. chris was playing fall guys and nick was tooling around editing our next video.

"honestly yea." chris responded. "when was the last time we ate?"

"like breakfast i think." nick added. "idk we must've just gotten distracted. where do you guys wanna go?"

"well, it's like 4:30. so, close to supper time." i said.

"let's just go to mcdonald's." chris cut me off. "it's simple, easy, and gets the job done."

"yea, but we always go to mcdonald's." i responded. "aren't you a liiiiiiittle bit tired of it?" i held up my hand and pinched my fingers.

"no." chris responded.

"not really." nick said immediately after.

"did you have somewhere else you wanted to go?" chris paused his game and questioned me.

"uummm.." i knew where i wanted to go. "well, panera was really good yesterday." honestly panera was mid. but the girl i saw yesterday taking our order, she was one of the most beautiful girls i've ever seen. i wanted to go back so that i could see her again and maybe get her instagram or number. because who knows when the next time i'd see her would be.

"meh, it was mid." nick said.

chris continued to look at me and smirked. "oh, i think i know what's going on."

my face turned red. i could feel myself getting hotter by the second. this was about to get embarrassing for me.

"you just wanna see that girl again, huh?" chris teased. "i saw the way you were lookin' at her."

"oooooo," nick joined in, "does matty b have a crush on panera girl?"

"what? no! i just thought it was good.." i was turning even more red. i was fidgeting with one of the rings on my left hand.

"come on dude, it's ok to admit it. is that why you want to go to panera?"

i swallowed. "uuhhm, maybe?"

chris and nick looked at each other and started geeking out.

"awww bernard hasn't had a crush in soooo long." nick fussed. "this is so cute, we gotta go back then."

"yes let's keep going back until we see her again." chris encouraged. "we gotta get matt a girlfriend."

"ugh," my head fell into my hands. i saw this coming as soon as the word panera came out of my mouth the first time.

"hey it's alright dude, you gonna ask for her insta?" chris asked.

i looked up at him. "idk, i thought maybe that would be a good idea, or i could get her number.." i swallowed hard.

"OOOO yes sounds like a plan. you should get both. we will be your wingmen." nick was a little too excited about this. he even made jazz hands as he said the word 'wingmen'.

"alright alright let's just go. i'm getting anxious just listening to this." my brothers laughed at my comment and we all packed into the car. i couldn't believe this. what did i get myself into?

i could feel my hands sweating as i turned the wheel into the parking lot of panera. nick and chris both unbuckled and ran to the window to see if she was in there. i stayed in the car.

"matty! she's here!" nick yelled. my head whipped in the direction of his voice and i unbuckled and quickly made my way over to them.

"gosh she is pretty," chris remarked, "good choice brother." nick was nodding his head in agreement.

"uhm, thanks?" i said questioningly. i didn't even know this girl, so i couldn't even like her. i just thought she was pretty...

"well," nick started, "let's go in!"

oh dear, i thought as nick and chris started towards the enterance. i swallowed hard for the billionth time and followed them inside.

i looked up at her, and our eyes found each other once again.

769 words