Chapter 14: matt's pov

she ran up to her house and i watched her to make sure she made it up safe. so many butterflies flew around my stomach as i realized that i finally had the girl of my dreams. actually, fuck butterflies, i had a whole zoo in there. i couldn't stop smiling as i pulled away from her house and drove home. even walking inside i had the same smile plastered on my face. my brothers were both in the kitchen.

"where the hell were you?!" nick exclaimed. "and why are you smiling like an idiot."

"we kissed." i said.

"WHAT?!" chris yelled in excitement. he starting jumping up and down and pulled me into an embrace after dapping me up.

"woah woah, how did this come about??" nick asked smiling. "i can't believe this."

"okay, it's kind of a long story, so buckle down." i said. chris walked back over to nick and they both sat down at the kitchen island.

i explained the whole story, her and conner's breakup, the slap, the drive home, the kiss, all in full detail. they stopped me after i started detailing the kiss though.

"ok ok i'm happy for you but i don't wanna here every single tiny detail." nick said.

"dude no way this is so exciting though."

"i agree." nick stated. "next step, ask her on a first date."

"oooooo yes, you can do the plan we made because now the road is clear! no conner in the way!"

"yes, except now it can actually be called the 'date plan' instead of the 'hangout plan'." nick continued.

"yes," i started "but what if conner comes back? we all know how aggressive he is. and territorial. even though he was just fucking using her the whole time."

"you're right." chris agreed. "we'll just have to be careful. keep it on the down-low."

"right, okay. this could work!" i said excitedly. "thank you guys."

"yes of course we're so excited for you!" nick said as they met me for a group hug. we pulled away and i spoke again.

"i'll do the plan tomorrow. i'll text her in the morning and go from there."

"perfect. nick and i can set up the background stuff while you do step one." chris said.

"what is this a military drill?" nick laughed. chris and i laughed too.

"might as well be with our big obstacle slash enemy number one." i half joked.

despite my worries, i couldn't wait to ask her out tomorrow and spend the day with her.

everything was going to be perfect.

431 words