Chapter 11: matt's pov

right before the end of the movie, i felt y/n's full body weight rest on me. i looked over and she had fallen right asleep. she and i were under the same blanket next to each other but her side was falling off. i slowly moved the top corner to be covering her shoulder and the rest to cover her body. she moved a little but did not wake up. i heard some whispers so i turned to my brothers and they were looking at me and smiling and talking to each other. my cheeks got visibly red in the dark and all i could bring myself to do was put my finger on my mouth in a shhhing movement so they would shut up. they teased me about everything on the planet.

although maybe i didn't mind being teased about y/n that much.

nick and chris turned to finish the movie while i couldn't tear my eyes away from the beautiful sleeping girl next to me, her hair was so perfect and soft as i ran my fingers through it to comfort her and out her in a deeper sleep. all i wanted was to be with this girl. i wanted her to be mine.

sadly, i was excited for the next day because i knew that was when she would break up with that douche bag of a boyfriend. then i would be able to swoop in and treat her right. she really deserved the world.

the movie ended and i turned to my brothers again. they were both asleep already. i stared at them for a moment and then brought my eyes back to y/n. i smiled as she peacefully slept in my shoulder. i leaned over and gave her a small kiss on the forehead.

god i liked this girl so much.

she made me feel safe, and not alone. i rested my head on hers and fell asleep with ease. the comfort she brought me was like none other and it put me out like a light.

y/n shuffled and sat up in the middle of the night. i sensed her eyes lay on me as i "slept". i didn't want her to see that she woke me up so i just pretended to still be asleep. she grabbed my arm and snuggled up against me again. i adjusted myself subconsciously and pulled her even closer. i felt it as her breaths went back to her deep rhythmic breaths signaling that she fell asleep already again. i looked at het and smiled and fell asleep with my head on hers.

i woke up in the morning in the basement by myself. i was upset that she wasn't with me, but i heard her laughing with nick and chris upstairs. i walked up the stairs and was greeted by a beautiful girl.

"morning sleepy head." y/n said with a smile.

"morning." i responded while rubbing my groggy eyes.

"sleep good?" she asked.

"yep. 100%." i winked at her. her cheeks got a little rosey and i could tell she was trying to hide the fact that she was flustered. god she was so perfect.

"morning lover boy." nick teased. "eat some breakfast, the three of us made waffles while you were sleeping.

"wait what time is it?" i asked.

"it's 11:30 dude. we all woke up at 10 except you." chris responded.

"oh great." i said sarcastically. "at least i got more sleep than you guys."

"yeah, whatever." nick said. he handed me a plate of waffles and i dug in immediately.

"thank you."

"okay," y/n started, "i just wanna let you guys know that i have dinner planned with connor at 5 tonight, but today is the day i'm finally going to break up with him. i just don't know what to say."

nick knew just what to say. "i feel like it is more of a thing you have to come up with in the moment. like once you feel the moment is right, you will know what to say."

"ok, thanks." she said. i could tell she was nervous though. i've never broken up with anyone so i probably would be too.

"it'll be okay, i promise. and once you're done you can come right back to our house if you'd like." chris encouraged.

"okay, sounds good to me!" y/n said. yes, i get to see her again today!

she continued, "i should probably get going though so that i can get ready for work. i have to be there at 12 and it's already 11:35. can i have a quick ride home?"

"yeah of course. gimme a sec." i scarfed down my last waffle and we made our way to the door. "i'll be back." i said to my brothers on the way out of the house.

"i'm so nervous matt." y/n said looking at me.

"i know, i feel awful you had to go through all of this."

"it's alright, i'm just glad i've finally come to my senses. it's time for this relationship to be over."

"i really want what's best for you." i started. "so i will help you in any way that i can whenever i can. so please just shoot me a text or anything tonight if you need to." i took a deep breath as we stepped into the car.

"i will matty, thank you." she smiled.

she gave me so many butterflies.

"you're welcome."

we jammed out to some music in the way to her house and i dropped her off. the whole way home i couldn't stop smiling and thinking about what happened the night before. the cuddling and waking up to her laughing in my kitchen, it felt like a dream come true.

i couldn't wait to see her again.

i drove home to my brothers excited for me that she would soon be single.

"matt you can have your chance now!" nick said.

"i know i just don't want to do it immediately because i don't want to pressure her into another relationship right away. maybe she just wants space or time. connor hasn't exactly given her grace for anything."

"true... or maybe she wants to cuddle up and fall asleep on you again." chris teased in a higher pitched voice. i smacked him on the shoulder.

maybe we can change the hangout i've been planning to a date?

1077 words