Chapter 6: the hangout

you were a little surprised nick already knew your name, but at the same time you did give them your instagram. "you good with mcdonald's?"

"yea for sure, i haven't had mcdonald's in a while anyways." you responded.

"oh i suggest the sweet tea." chris added in "it is top notch stuff."

"ok," you laughed, "i'll try it."

"alright let's get this show on the road." matt said starting the engine. as he drove, chris took aux and played all his rap music. you were a little surprised that you had similar music taste but that just made it all the more fun. you all belted out the lyrics to all the music and laughed with them as they played their intro song "miss me" by yung pleit.

when you got to mcdonald's matt drove up far enough for nick to order through his window.

"welcome to mcdonald's, what can i get for you." the voice came through the speaker.

"hey, just a second." nick responded. he turned to you. "what do you want?"

"ummm can i just get a big mac some fries and i'll try the sweet tea chris said." you told him.

"i like a girl who can eat." nick joked. you laughed. you knew he was gay since they mentioned it in a couple of his videos.

you thought of cody and wondered if the two would be good together. that would be so cute.

nick rambled off a list of things you were sure he memorized from his many trips here, and then he finished off with your order.

"anything else?" the speaker asked again.

"nope that'll be all." nick replied. "thanks."

matt drove up to the next window and nick paid and we got our food. matt then parked in a big empty parking lot.

"cheers everyone!" nick exclaimed and held out his drink. i touched the bottom of his cup with mine.

"no i don't want to contaminate my drink with your germs." chris said with sass.

"jesus, alright chris, just trying to have dinner etiquette." nick jerked his hands up in defense and took a sip of his drink. everyone was gobbling up their meal and talking. i felt a little shiver and rubbed my arms.

"are you cold?" nick asked me.

"yea just a little. i forgot a sweatshirt but it's ok."

"oh well matt brought an extra one of his just in case." nick continued. he reached in the back and grabbed a black ransom sweatshirt and handed it to you. you felt a little butterfly flutter in your stomach at the thought of wearing matt's sweatshirt. you also felt a pang of guilt as you thought of connor. however, the cold won and you put the sweatshirt on despite the guilt.

"you look better in it anyways." matt commented. chris elbowed him and smirked.

"oh, thanks i guess."

"anyways like i was saying.." nick continued what he was talking about before.

you looked out the window and couldn't help but think about your boyfriend. the thought of losing him hurt you in so many ways. you wondered why he hadn't texted you back yet, but you decided to just check anyways. as expected there was no response. you checked snap map too and he was at a house you didn't recognize. maybe it was katya's. you turned your phone off and sighed.