Chapter 10: the decision

"woah woah woah what's going on?" nick said and immediately pulled you into a hug. you didn't even try to get the words out because you were so tired. tired of crying, tired of being confused, and most of all, tired of keeping up an impossible relationship.

nick looked up at matt who came into the back seat. nick transferred you over into matt's arms and you immediately felt safe and comfortable. he rubbed your back with one hand and held your head to just chest with the other. chris stayed in the front and held your hand.

"deep breaths y/n, deep breaths." you did what he said and took multiple deep breaths. your tears eventually stopped and you looked at matt. he was looking back down at you with the most caring eyes in the world. then you looked down at his shirt, which was soaked with your tears.

"oh shoot, sorry, your shirt is wet." you laughed a little and they all laughed with you.

"it's ok, i don't mind." matt said. "do you wanna tell us what's up?"

"no pressure though, only if you feel comfortable." chris said.

"no yeah, i can tell you now. i just needed a moment i guess." you took a deep breath.

"i'm pretty sure connor is cheating on me." you said it straight up and all three of the brothers gasped.

"no fucking way." nick said.

"i'm gonna rip off that shithead's face." chris growled.

"guys let her talk." matt said. "go on."

"he came into panera today and of course his little minion katya came in right behind him.."

nick visibly shook his head at that.

"...connor said they went to the mall and as katya was telling me all the things she probably bought with her daddy's money, i looked at her necklace and it's the EXACT one that he gave me. like to the exact shape of the diamond."

"oh my god, that's terrible." matt said under his breath. he never once stopped rubbing your back.

"worst of all, i think he was probably doing it the entire relationship. he would always run off with new girls and i just trusted him. i don't know why. i'm so done with him."

"this absolutely pisses me off." nick exclaimed in anger.

"i'm going to break up with him. i'm gonna do it tomorrow." you finally said. you weren't planning on breaking up with him until you actually said what he did out loud. you realized how awful of a boyfriend connor had been ever since you exited the honeymoon phase. all he did was go hang out with other girls and leave you in the dust.

the triplets cheered as you said those words, chris even clapped.

"not gonna lie i've been waiting for you to say that." nick said. "i didn't like him from the start."

"me either." chris added in. "that son of a bitch can suck my dick."

you laughed at what chris said and he smiled, happy he made you smile. you realized he was holding your hand the whole time too, even as he clapped his hands. and nick held your other arm, while matt held all of you. you looked up at him and instantly got butterflies. he looked so handsome.

"you gonna be ok?" matt said looking down at you.

you wiped away the remaining tears on your face. "yeah. i'll be ok." you looked around at all the boys. "it's going to be hard, but it needs to be done. i cant be with him anymore. he's hurt me too many times."

"couldn't have said it better myself." nick laughed. you laughed too.

"ok. let's have some fun tonight, yeah?" chris asked the group. you all agreed.

"ooo i'll drive tonight baby!" nick jumped into the drivers seat.

"oh god." you giggled.

"ok, i guess we're doing driving lessons 101 today." matt said. he started to get out of the back seat.

"uh uh," chris interrupted him. "you're staying in the back!"

"jeez ok chris." he scooted back right next to you. his shoulder rubbed against yours and you smiled to yourself a little.

you definitely liked matt.

the four of you were laughing all night as nick and chris took turns practicing driving around in their neighborhood. nick initially drove from your house to theirs and was freaking out the whole time, and from there him and chris switched off.

multiple times nick or chris would whip around a corner and make you and matt run into each other, but you always laughed it off and reset in the back. eventually he just put and arm around you to steady the both of you. it stayed that way for the rest of the night.

you realized just how happy the three of them made you. you knew they would quickly become your best friends. you looked up at matt and he looked at you. you shared a smile and continued on with the night. eventually chris stopped at their house in frustration saying he was done for the night. nick agreed.

"ok," matt started. "well it's like 11:30, do you want me to drive you home?"

the thought of leaving them, especially matt, made you sad. "no i wanna stay. can we watch a movie or something?" you suggested.

"sure!" nick said enthusiastically. "let's go inside and pick a movie."

the three of them gave you a quick tour of the house and made their way into the basement last. chris held out three movies he was in the mood for and you all agreed on the original jurassic park.

"classic, can't go wrong with that." nick said as matt put it in the dvd player. matt stood up and set the screen to the menu. "ok i'll be back with some popcorn. DON'T start it without me."

he was back shortly with too big bowls of popcorn. one for nick and chris to share, and one for you and him. you all sat on the couch in the order of nick on the far right, then chris, then matt, and then you on the end.

throughout the whole movie, all you wanted to do was heap matt's hand and cuddle up next to him. but you refrained since you hadn't yet broken up with connor. either way, the relationship ended tomorrow.

you didn't realize but you fell asleep just before the end of the movie. you woke up in the middle of the night, and the other three had also fallen asleep. you looked around and found that you fell asleep in matt's shoulder and he was holding you in his arms under a blanket. you decided just to live in the moment and you grabbed his arm and cuddled up against him again. you felt him readjust himself in his sleep and pull you even closer. you smiled to yourself and fell asleep almost immediately in the comfort of his arms.

1161 words.