23.

Atlanta, Georgia
_______________________

It was January 14th, the day before Mai's birthday. Meech was well-aware but trying to keep it in the back of his mind. Him and Mai still weren't on speaking terms and he didn't think he was ever going to speak her. She rejected him and that's all he needed. Meech was going to move on.

"We found out Rico tryna move out to Mexico." June took a pull from his blunt as he relaxed back on his couch.

"Mexico? Fuck goin' on down ova' there?" Meech scrunched up his face.

"You know all the amigos and amigas be ready to move out there." Chop laughed a little at his own joke.

"But it's some word that Rico gon' take you out before he dip out of Atlanta as payback." June mugged Chop and turned his attention back onto Meech.

Rico always had a thing for get-back. Although he was moving to Mexico, it still doesn't allow Meech to take over.

"I wish a muhfucka' would try to take me out." Meech laughed cockily, "Ima let him try his hand though." He stood up, pulling up his jeans before dapping Chop and June up.

"Where you bouta' go?" June raised a brow, "You know it's Mai birthday tomorrow?"

"And how the fuck you know that?" Meech raised a brow and scrunched up his face. He hoped June knew better than to fuck with Mai.

"Been chattin' it up with her sister. She said somethin' bout they having a party at her house." June shrugged a bit while rubbing the back of his head with his freehand. His friends weren't aware of him and Malaysia.

"If they got cake, I'm goin'." Chop said eagerly.

"Yo' fat ass wasn't invited." June turned to his direction and sent a strong mug at him which caused Chop to suck his teeth, and look off at the wall.

"I wasn't either so Ion' know why you tellin' me bout her." Meech shrugged a bit before pulling out his phone from his pants pocket to check the time.

He knew better than to pull up somewhere he wasn't wanted. With him not being on speaking terms with Mai, he didn't want to ruin her birthday.

"Nigga you gon' come with me." June mugged him while leaning over to pass the blunt to Chop, "Pull up ova' here and we can ride togetha'. Chop, you can bring yo' fat ass but don't be fuckin' with them people." He pointed at him with a glare.

Meech sucked his teeth before heading out of June's house. He headed over to his all black Ashton Martin Vantage.

Since Deedra messed over his Camaro, he figured it was time for an upgrade. Hopping into the driver's seat, Meech sped off towards his house to think about some things that were heavily on his mind.

~

"21! 21! 21!" Lakinna hyped her friend up as Mai shook her ass in her living room, "Yes bitch, can't wait till tomorrow! Your mother better have all the liquor. Cutwater on deck!"

"Girl, you don't need to drink any of them anyways because you be getting too drunk." Mai laughed before taking a seat on the couch, "I hope we make it to the club afterwards."

Lakinna had so many Cutwaters once, Mai had to carry her into their building to her room. Lakinna was too tore up that night and Mai didn't want a repeat. She wanted to at least make it to the club for her celebration.

"Girl we for sure is. Lay coming too right?" Lakinna asked referring to Mai's younger sister, before flipping her inches over her shoulder.

"Yeah, she said she wanted to come and I think she gon' bring her roommate Vicki." Mai shrugged a bit while playing with her individual lashes, "I haven't talked to the girl that much but Lay said she cool."