Prologue:

I'm deadly. I'm vicious. I'm cold. I'm trained to kill.

But all of this is meant to be kept hidden behind my innocent look. A façade that hides this dark side I have until it needs to be revealed. I don't feel guilty of having to hide, if I didn't I would have been dead already. My kind, the people who have the same life as I do in the dark of the night, we all have to hide our identities to ensure that we'll live another day.

What am I?

I'm a kkangpae.

The only people who know are my 3 best friends. The 4 of us make up our gang. Most gangs have from 10 to even 1000 members, but us? We're only 4 but our skills are greater than what other gangs give us credit for. Over the past years, we've gone up and up and beaten gangs who would challenge us to fights in underground events.

As of now, we're unbeatable. And there aren't any more gangs who wish to challenge us as they're afraid of being humiliated. Now, no one can take our throne.

And who am I?

I'm Stella Yoon, 17 years old. Half Korean and half Filipino. I was born in Korea but after my parents split up, I have been living in the Philippines with my mother. I can speak Korean fluently as my Appa taught me through the phone since I was little.

And my best friends, I've known them since I started to walk. My mother had friends who happened to get married to Korean guys so it was just my luck to have best friends who are half Korean like me.

We're like the typical group of girls. The only difference is when it's night time, we hunt bad people or we deal with our enemies. We're sweet in the day, but heartless in the night.

How did we even get into this kind of life?

Well, it all started when we met Bella. We were 13 and 14 year olds hanging out at the park when we saw her bloody and bruised by one of the bushes. We immediately brought her home, hid her in my room so my mother wouldn't ask questions. She was open to us helping her but she still kept her wall up and was very cautious with us. After we helped her, she went home after I got her patched up that day.

After that encounter, we would see her at the park, waiting for us. Until we talked and became friends. Very close friends. All of us. And not long after that, once her wounds have healed, she decided to invite us to join her gang. She didn't try to cover what it was and revealed to us the good and bad sides of being a kkangpae. She didn't force us to join her, we all willingly did. 

She left her old gang and decided to make a new one with us. She was the leader. She was the eldest and she taught us all kinds of things. How to use knives, guns, bombs, and any other kind of weapon there is. She also taught us self defense and hand-to-hand combat.

After a few months of training, she decided to let our existence be known in the underground world. She brought us to our first underground event. And we saw there, lots and lots of other kkangpaes. We watched bloody matches. We watched oue leader take part in some of the matches and she never loses.

All was going well until we went on our first mission. Bella gave us strict instructions as to what we should do during the mission. We were supposed to murder a known kkangpae leader. I didn't know why we had to kill him but I've learned to understand Bella and at the time, I didn't question her and her choices. I blindly followed.

She said that the leader that we were set to kill was in a small house somewhere by the edge of the city. Bella told the other 3 that they would guard outside while I would join Bella inside as back up if needed.

Everything went according to plan, except for the part where the person we were targeting wasn't here but it was a teenage boy, all alone. He saw me and Bella, he wasn't shocked. And before Bella and I could even react, he had pulled out a small pistol and shot Bella. It took me a second to realize what had happened. But once I snapped back to reality, I quickly rushed to Bella's side. It was also at this time that I noticed the boy was gone.

I didn't care about the boy anymore or if he might shoot me. I continued to tear off a part of my shirt to try and push it onto the part she was shot, in an attempt to clot the blood. But more and more kept gushing out. She even had blood coming out of her mouth. But she held onto me and tried her best to speak. And she told me to get the girls out of here and leave her. I couldn't.

She pleaded with her eyes, tears also falling. And it hurt seeing her like that but we all know that we have nothing else to do. We couldn't carry her and even if we could, we were quite a long way from my house.

A few seconds later, the 3 other girls came rushing in with worry in their eyes, and when they say Bella bleeding by the ground, they couldn't stop their tears. But before they could cry or let their emotions take control, one of them said that they heard a police car coming.

After what they said, Bella pulled on my arm again, a weak tug before she spoke her last word to us.

"Go."

I had to be dragged by the 3 girls just so we could leave before the cops came. We all went home that night without speaking. When I got to my room, I cried for the rest of the night. And for the days after that, the girls and I comforted each other. And then they decided that I would be the new leader of our gang.

And so I am. Our first mission and the night our former leader died, that was 2 years ago. Now, we're polished, we're fierce, and we've improved a lot. We're at the top now. And we've conquered the whole country. What could be next for us?