Chapter 28: Trust

STELLA'S P.O.V

I was left frozen. My thoughts kept going back to the way he trapped me, the way he could make my heart flutter then a second later I'm scared of him.

If it wasn't for Daehyun, Youngjae might have done more than just scare me. He could have done worse.

At that moment, it was obvious in his face that he was capable of doing much worse things. But why did it only show now? Whenever I saw him in class or by the hallways, he always seemed like he couldn't hurt a fly. Like he was innocent.

I guess I judged too early. Maybe I shouldn't judge by his looks. But one questions stayed in my mind: why did he do that?

I shook the thought off since I knew I would never get an answer. I started to walk towards the place where I sat earlier.

I grabbed the necklace and folder. I left the garden but made sure to take one last look at it before I left. Everything that happened here, once I leave, it will be forgotten.

I still had classes later but I decided it would be better if I go home. Besides, I don't feel like studying or listening to lectures.

-
-
-
-

I was walking down the street when something caught my eye. In an alleyway, just a few meters away from me. There I saw 2 groups of people. They looked familiar though.

I hid myself where I can still hear them. But I made sure that none of them could see me.

"So? What useless info are you giving us today?" Said one guy. I looked at him for a bit and I can say that I've seen him at an underground event before. He was the one that tried to hit on me, the first time we went to an underground event.

"I promise this won't be useless." Said a guy who had huge muscles on his arms but he still looks smaller than the other guy so it makes him seem harmless.

"It better be." Snarled the guy from the underground event.

"I have a reliable source that knows someone who has a profile of the Royal Princesses." At what he heard his eyes grew wide. Was he surprised?

So there's someone who has our profile? I looked at the folder in my hand. Someone has a copy of this? I looked back up at what was happening.

"How will you get that profile?!" Said the guy from the underground event as he held the guy by his collar. He readied his fist to punch the other guy because he hasn't answered his question.

"W-Wait! Wait! I h-have more info!"

"Okay go on." He said as he let go of the other guy. The little guy touched his collar before answering.

"As I was saying, someone has a profile of Royal Princesses. And that profile is being delivered." I need to know who is the one getting our profile.

"Really? Well who is it?" The guy asked. I adjusted my place so I could hear their conversation better but ended up making some noises that the two groups looked my direction.

I didn't waste any more time and left. I don't know who those groups were but based on the way they look, it's as if they were dangerous.

I ran faster hoping none of them could have seen me or any traces of me. It's bad if they saw my trail, they could follow me if that ever happened.

-
-
-
-
-

After a few minutes of running, I slowed down my pace and walked as if nothing had happened. I looked behind me and made sure nobody followed me.

I continued walking towards the direction of my house. On the way there, I saw a car pass by me. It came out by the front gate of the mansion. It doesn't look like my Appa's car, so I'm guessing it must have been a guest or something. The car looked really expensive, surely the owner is rich.

I entered the house and was greeted by the maids. I greeted them the way they did to me.

"Excuse me, but is my father home? I didn't see him this morning." I said to one of the maids. She looked really nice to me. And when I asked her she even smiled.

"He went out for a business meeting miss." She said. I just nodded then she went back to what she was doing earlier.

I walked towards my room and got changed into more comfortable clothes. A school uniform isn't really what I mean by comfortable. I then placed my school bag and the other things on the ground while I placed the folder and necklace on my study table.

I was about to sit down on my chair to read the files inside the folder but my stomach growled which meant I was hungry. I almost forgot that I didn't eat lunch and I only ate a little bit this morning.

I went to the kitchen and looked through the shelves, refrigerator and anywhere else that could contain food. I was hungry and I needed food right now.

"Miss, are you hungry?" I got startled when the maid from earlier suddenly entered the room. I stared at her for a minute before answering.

"Uh, yeah but I can't seem to find anything I like." I said.

"Maybe I could cook for you. I can cook anything, just say it and I'll make it. What would you like to eat, miss?" She asked. I was really happy she offered to cook for me, I was hungry but I won't eat anything I just see.

"Can you cook some bacon, eggs and some burgers please."

She nodded as an answer and smiled. I smiled back at her then. She seems nice and so I will I trust her with my food.

"Thank you, ----- wait what's your name? I haven't really seen you here before." I said. She walked closer to me and smiled. Doesn't she get tired of smiling?

"I'm Yoon Min Ji. I was hired just this morning. I hope I can serve you well, miss."

"Ah, Min Ji. Thank you for cooking for me."

"No problem, miss." She said and bowed as I walk away. I bowed at her then left the kitchen.

I walked towards my room so I can see the files inside the folder. I sat on the chair by my study table, and looked at the things infront of me.

A folder. A necklace.

Why does it feel like something's missing? Did I forget something?
I was about to open the folder when I heard a few knocks on the door. I walked towards the door and opened it. It was Min Ji.

"Here are your bacon and eggs. The burgers will be done later, I'll just bring them up here, miss."

I took the plates full of bacon and eggs.

"Thank you Min Ji." I said.

"No problem, miss." She said as she bowed and left. I closed the door before me before going back to my study table.

I stared at the folder. Maybe I could just look at it later. I'm hungry and that could wait until after I'm finished eating.

I took one bite at the bacon. It tastes so good. But why does it smell like something familiar? Like sleeping powder? I took one more piece of bacon and smelled it. It really did smell like sleeping powder.

Before I could even react, the door was opened forcefully, revealing a smirking Min Ji.

My vision was getting blurred by the minute. I was feeling really sleepy due to the powder but I tried my best to stay awake.

"You think you can keep the folder from us?" Min Ji asked as she got closer to me.

She reached for the folder on my table. I tried my best to stop her but the sleeping powder was slowly getting me to sleep. She took the folder before slowly walking away.

She stopped by the door. Even though my vision was blurred I could still see a sillhouette. It looks like she has a phone on her ear.

"I've got it."

That was the last thing I heard before everything went black and I felt myself fall to the ground.