Next time let me cook..

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

"I came to get you for breakfast, Chizuru and the others have already ate." Saito states as we walk through the hallways, passing by several men as they turn heads wondering why the hell there is a women here and walking with Saito no less.

I pay them no mind as I am in my own thoughts thinking about last night, 'Kondo is so kind, he truly is one of the best men I have slept with. And we didn't even sleep together, it was refreshing to know that someone doesn't take advantage of you.' I think as I sigh in contempt but bump into someone that was definitely not in-front of me a minute ago.

"Huh- watch where you're going darling." A man speaks as he looks me up and down trying to get a feel of me I presume, 'gross. Literally no class.' I think as I keep my emotions to myself and begin to apologize,
"I'm sor-" Before I can even finish Saito wraps an arm around my shoulder and pulls me towards him.

'What.' I look up to him in shock and see a glare on his face. 'Huh...What?' He urges me along to walk with him as he begins walking. 'That was very strange.' As we turn a corner he lets go of my shoulder and gives me distance.

"I'm sorry about that. The captains all agreed that we should take measures when Kondo-San is not around. That man is notoriously known for his hook ups and violence against women, I do not wish for that to happen to you." He states as he stops at a door, and swings it open.

"Thank you Saito." I say with a deep smile, his action meant nothing but to help me. This man truly is a diamond in the rough.

"Of course Mairin-san. We only want you to be safe." He states as he walks into the room and sits down beside a placement of fish and rice.

"Please call me Mai." I say with a smile, 'he is too well mannered for his own good.

"I couldn't. Truly." He states as he roughly denied my chance of getting closer.

"Your breakfast is here." He says as he motions to the food beside him. I walk up and sit beside him.

"Thank you, Hajime." I smile sweetly at him as he twitches and grows bright red in the face, clearly not expecting me to call him by his first name.

"Uhh..n. Of course." He mutters almost incoherently as he glanced down trying to calm down his burning face, 'god he is so adorable.'

I lean forward to grab his face, he shudders by my touch but doesn't pull away. I turn his head towards me to get a better view of him.

"Don't turn away." I say smugly as I stare into his eyes, drawing myself into his lilac pupils. He grows frozen as he states back into my eyes, bright red in the face.

I lean forward and close my eyes as I see him do the same, but then the sliding door bursts open and we both snap back
to our senses and back away from each other.

"SANO STOP BEING A WUS AND COME HERE-" A loud and bolstering voice hollers out as a red haired male runs into the room and ducks behind Saito and I.

"NO- YOUR TRYING TO TRY YOUR STUPID OINTMENT ON ME. THAT SHIT BURNS MAN." The red head shouts as he shields himself from the incoming other obnoxious male.

"STOPPING HIDING AND PUT IT ON MAN." The headband brunette shouts as the red head grips onto our shoulders as if we will help him.

I look over at Saito and see a very agitated and annoyed face, 'someone's grumpy.' I glance behind me and see the red head grit his teeth as the brunette stalks closer. He notices my staring and hugs me from behind. 'Excuse me. At least tell me your name first dear god.' I think as he pulls me up and I see an angry Saito reaching for his sword.

"ARE YOU SERIOUSLY USING A WOMAN AS A SHEILD.?! AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A MAN." The brunette stated as he steps in front of me and I smile and wave.

"Hey Mairin. Did you sleep well?" He asks smiling as if he wasn't just screaming at the top of his lungs.

"Of course, better than ever." I state as I feel the red heads grip on my waist tighten.
"How about you? Umm.-" I ask but not knowing his name clearly caught his attention.

"I apologize, I'm Shinpachi Nagakura. And that annoying little rat behind you is Harada Sanosuke." He finishes with a slight glare directed towards the man holding me.

"Can you both leave. Mairin still has yet to eat breakfast and you are disturbing her." Saito interrupts as I feel the red head magically let go.

"AhHh, ouch Saito. Geez I see, I'm sorry Mairin." Harada let's go of my waist and Shinpachi grabs him almost immediately and pulls him away.

"NOOOOoooo. If I break out in hives, I'm coming for you Haijme." Harada says as he gets pulled out of the room.

"They sure are a rambunctious bunch." I say as I sit back down and begin eating.
'Who the hell cooked this. A four year old? There is literally no seasoning.' I think as I hide my emotions and continue to eat.

"I'm sorry if this comes the wrong way, but mind if I take a chance at cooking next time?" I say as a look at Saito and he raised his eyebrows shocked. "I'd just really want to be useful you know?" I look back at the fish that is so bland. 'This place definitely needs a woman's touch...'

"Of course you can. If that's what you'd like we would definitely appreciate it. But you only have to cook for the captains and commanders, I wouldn't want you to slave away in the kitchen all day to feed all of our men." He says with a slight grimace.

"How many men does the Shinsengumi actually have?" I say slightly annoyed that he is questioning my abilities.

"Hmm. Roughly about 250."
(((Y'all I only watched the anime and like watched play throughs of the game cause I'm broke so I looked it up and they had like 302 but that was there prime so I'm estimating when they were like in the beginning ya know?)))

"Holy- wow I was not expecting that many." I say quite surprised that this group had so many people.

"Yeah. So we couldn't ask you to cook for everyone, so please take care of yourself." He says as he stands up and stretches.

"We'll I'd love to at least cook for you." I say with a smile as I also get up and carry my empty placemat. He grows slightly red and takes the placemat from me, "I'd love that." He says coolly as he walks to the door with me in tow.

We walk to the room next door and see a kitchen and a tub as a sink, 'good lord is this place a mess.' I think as I look at the condition they keep their kitchen in, "You have rarely any spices." I accidentally say out loud.

"Is that true?" Saito says as he comes up next to me after putting the placemat into the tub and looks at the cabinet that is seemingly empty but full just enough for his satisfaction.

"We just use enough to make a good nutritional meal and that is it." He says nonchalantly as he looks at me as if that is so wrong.

"I understand but...please let me go out and buy ingredients. This truly is unacceptable." I say as I look back and forth as if he is crazy.

"I'm afraid I do not have the authorization to allow that, I must ask the commanders before we make such a decision." He says quite ashamed as he remembers that I am still being held here.

"Oh. Alright." I say quite disappointed but understanding. 'Sheesh this group sure is uptight huh.'

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ