Don't miss me~

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Escaping from the suffocating aura of those two, I made my way to the side of the estate where all the soldiers were training. I sit down taking off my sandals, admiring the work of the men and their tenacity to continue to push forward for something they believe in.

I sigh, 'honestly what am I doing here.' I look down, swaying my feet back and forth listening to the sounds of grunts and swings. 'Why was I brought here? What will master think....I never did finish my mission. I wonder if Nozel finished it without me.' I ponder and sadly frown at the thought of losing the mission, that would be my first ever time I would have failed.

I sway my feet back and forth, toes lightly glazing in the water, curling once they come into contact with the cold water. 'Life is better here than at the base. I have actual people who seem to care for me and not want to use me for their own benefit, even though they keep me here by force it still is better than home...if I could ever call that home.' I think as my toes dip into that pond, swaying through the surface creating ripples.

'I don't miss home, but I do wonder what the coming of age ceremony was going to entail.' I think as I lean down towards the pond to take a closer look at my reflection.
I smile at the girl looking at me, her long silky onyx hair swaying past her shoulders threatening to fall in the water, her eyes fogging over as she glances at the other reflection that pops in the water.

Hijikata towers over me, his ponytail towering down towards the water. I smile at the reflections, 'I'm never alone am I?' I think as I reach down to touch Hijikatas reflection as it ripples away. I sigh at the scene and look behind me to see the said male still towering over behind me, he notices that I am now looking up at him and he backs away quite quickly.

"Do you need anything commander?" I say as I turn towards him, propping my feet on the edge as water runs down my toes.

"Just wondering when you were wanting to leave." He says as he plops down beside me, glancing at his men practicing in front of us.

"Oh? Your asking me when we should leave?" I ask shocked as I turn towards him, slightly thrown off how close he sat towards me.

"Well..." He states as he turn he gaze towards me unexpectedly, "I did witness that little incident earlier..." He trails off leaving what he saw unsaid, still looking into my eyes. I blush immediately catching on to what he is leading towards. I look into his eyes to see if he is lying but he does not show any indication of it.

I lean back from the stern male, hitting a wooden post. I grumble as I look back to see my little room of escape has diminished. With little pride I have left I turn towards the male and look into his eyes once more, 'how could he just bring something up like that so subtly!' I cringe at the many thoughts running in my head of this man, 'why was he watching? Why didn't he stop it? Did he enjoy watching? Why is he telling me this? Does he enjoy getting a rise out of me-?' Millions of thoughts run through my head as the male in front of me smirks at my awkwardness.

I flinch as he leans down towards me, his breathe catching in my ear ever so slightly.
"You looked like you were enjoying yourself, why did you stop them?" He questions as he leans back and looks into my eyes.

I gape like a fish as he so boldly asks me, 'never would I ever expect him to be this bold.' I gulp my nervousness down and my inner bitch switch turns on-, 'if that's how you want to play...'

I lean towards him as he grudgingly backs up slightly, surprised by my quick switch. I run my hand over his chest up to his shoulder and lean towards his ear, "I didn't know you enjoyed watching so much, next time I'll make sure to invite you for the front row seat." I whisper in his ear, I feel him shiver slightly as my lips touch his ear ever so slightly.

I smirk at the blushing mess I made, 'hmm, I'll always win, that is my charm~' I kneel to stand up as he catches his composure as he looks at his men that shouts his name for reassurance of their training.

He grabs my arm before I can leave, "We're leaving in 2 hours, get ready." He finishes and lets go of my arm as he walks towards his men to give them guidance.

'What the fuck just happened...' I think as I brush myself off and pick up my sandals then walk to my 'room', which is Kondos room.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As I enter I find Kondo still vacant from his room, 'seems like he must still be out with the officials.' I think as I go into his wardrobe and scam some yukatas I could steal since I still don't have any clothes and he doesn't seem to mind.

I settle with a cream colored yukata with a white sash to tie around my waist to make a makeshift kimono. Most of his clothes are either Hakamas with a loincloth top but he's got several yukatas.

I double check to make sure the sliding door is closed and I strip off the kimono I am wearing, the fabric falling off my feet I slip into the new clothing I so happily choose from his closet. I walk back to his so selective closet to and grab one more yukata which is a grayish blue and a straw over the shoulder bag to hold it in.

I smile as I take what I please, walking over to the main mans desk, looking for some ink and paper. I find what I am looking for and decide to write a thank you note to the adorable commander,

'
Dear Commander,

I am traveling with Hijikata and Sanan to Osaka tonight, presumably for me to be their cook on the way but who knows. I won't get in the way of their mission don't worry. I just wish to see Osaka, I've never been.

See you soon,
and I'll make sure we finish
where we left off,
Don't miss me too much.
Mairin Mai-

'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Date: 8/23/22