Saito-san has a woman?

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

"Sanan and I are going to Osaka to recruit more members for our cause." Hijikata said to all the captains in the room. Even though I've been stuck here for not even a day I truly have done nothing but have a little leech on me 24/7 which happens to be one of the captains that switch. I assume Chizuru is in the same boat, I haven't gotten to see her unfortunately. Maybe they fear me trying to team up with her to plan an escape plan. But I have already pledged my loyalty to them so having them not believe me is quite infuriating.

"Hijikata-sann~~ Can I come with you both?" I ask because I just want to explore this time period a little bit and not be shackled here. I glance at him and Sanan as they both look quite shocked that I would even offer such a request, they glance at each other.

"Of course not, Mairin. You must stay here. You do not know how the recruiting process works let alone would you be of any use to us out there. Also we cannot be your baby sitters, I do not wish to watch you and stop you from escaping." Hijikata swiftly declines my request but I ignore it and stand up slightly giddy for a new quest.

I hum as I prance myself over to Hijikata and Sanan as they both look astonished that I literally ignored his words. "Look I wouldn't offer to come if I can't take care of myself, you saw me take down those two white haired freaks. And besides why would I try to escape? I've already told you I have no where to call home so I will stay here if you wish that of me, but the air is suffocating here truly. I want to explore some." I say slightly annoyed that he wants me to stay back like a puppy.

"Plus I can aid your travels! I can cook and help aid with rouge samurai if you wish." I wink at him as I look into his eyes to see him waver slightly.

"Come on doll~ why don't you want to stay with us? Did we do something wrong?" Okita wonders as he has a slight sulk in his tone.

"Aww you can't get enough of me big boy?" I make fun of him as I turn back and face him with a smile as he smirks.

"So what if I can't? What if I want you to stay. Will you?" He asks as he truly thought that little act would get me to stay.

"Aww your just going to have to play your little boy friends until I come back sweetheart." I mockingly say as he looks slightly offended that I turned him down. I smirk at how visibly upset I made him, 'did he honestly want me to stay?' I think as I watch him shrug and walk over to Heiske and ruffling his hair and sitting beside Chizuru wrapping his arm around her like a puppy. 'Oh..yeah he literally doesn't care.'

"As much as we would 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 the company, we cannot let you come." Sanan sarcastically says, Hijikata still not wavering. 'Humm..these two boys truly are difficult.' I think as I watch as they both begin to eat breakfast, eyes widening slightly.

"Hajime! You did a great job with todays meal." Sanan nods approvingly as he begins to devour his meal as if he was famished. Hijikata just eats normally with a slight smile, 'don't you think we don't see that little smile you stone face.'

I look over at Saito to see him looking at me unexpectedly, unsure as if to tell them the truth of the dishes main cook or not. I smile at him and he nods, "actually I just cooked the rice today." Saito says but leaving off the key detail leaving suspense.

"What?-??" Harada and Shinpachi both look at him mouths gaping as if they just discovered a new scientific discovery, Heiske still main focus on his food, Okita still talking to Chizuru about god knows what.

"DO YOU GOT A WOMAN OR SOMETHING SAITO?" Shinpachi excitedly says as now all of their focus is on him waiting for an explanation.

Saito looks at me at the literal worst time, and goes back to eating his dish. All the attention diverts to me as quick as a switch of a light.

I smile and continue eating my dish, the fish I leisurely cooked with some left over grease in the pan from the vegetables, slightly still undercooked to allow the fish to keep its juices. 'Even without actual ingredients I can still make a dish delicious.'

I hear a utensil drop and I look up at their eyes, each with different emotions. "A-are you actually Saito-sans woman?" Heiske breaks the silence as I looked at him shocked as where did he come up with that conclusion.

I look over to my right to see Saito completely silent, as if ignoring this conversation entirely. I shrug and scoot closer, resting my head on his shoulder and hand running up his forearm.

"Hmm, so what if I am?" I question looking back at the men that have wavering opinions on this ordeal, Sanan not caring just interested in the drama ahead of him, Hijikata looking mildly pissed at god knows what. Okita has let go of Chizuru and now practically glaring at Saito and I. Harada and Shinpachi both with slightly annoyed but proud looks, and Heiske with wide eyes like a puppy.

I flinch as I feel a hand take my hand off his forearm, I look at Saito surprised to see him blushing but pushing me away. 'Hmm, embarrassed? Or is it you don't like women touching you without being in a relationship with her.' I let him push me away and look back at the men who see this encounter.
"We aren't." He says swiftly to correct any false accusations of us.

"Yup! I did cook the meal though." I say with a smile trying to get the conversation back off of Saito who is clearly uncomfortable.

"You did?" Okita finally speaks clearly intrigued, finishing teasing Chizuru who is sulking and annoyed with her hair being
messed up.

"Yup~" I state as the guys all nod approvingly, as if thanking me. But Okita doesn't seem satisfied with that, "seems you can actually do something for us, not just some lousy runt we picked off the streets." He smirks cockily as the mood immediately grows solemn and I notice Chizuru tremble slightly with tears in her eyes.

"That's not true, Souji cut it out." Harada says, noticing Chizurus clear discomfort. I ignore Okitas rude comment about me obviously he did not direct it towards Chizuru as he slightly panics as she begins to weep and excuses herself.

"You're such an asshole." I say as I sit up and begin to chase after her, not before Hijikata stops me by catching my arm. Sanan looks at him with interest as to what he is going to order me to do.
"You may travel to Osaka with us." He finishes and let's go of my arm allowing me to go after Chizuru, "Great! See you tonight." I reply with a pep in my step as I chase after the run away.

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

date: 8/22/22

Literally been a month sorry y'all. Been trying to get set up with college and practice. Don't hate me