Chapter 2

I finish my episode of stranger things and got ready to see Ben.  I made myself look nice and planned a way out in case he doesn't like me back. I tell my mom and hug her before I climb into my car and drive to his house, which is half an hour away. I spent the entire ride worried and once I got there, I worried if I was going to be able to do this. I sit and begin to let thoughts overwhelm me until I see Faith and Kaylie's cars and Faith getting out and walking to my car. Athena's Audi drives up after a bit.

Faith taps on my window, "Hey, you alright?" she asks me, her voice soft that you can almost hardly hear it.

"Yeah I'm fine," I open the door and walk her to the door, we ring the doorbell and come in. this isn't my first time at his house and I have his house key but neither of us is just going to bust in. Ben sat in his kitchen and set up a bunch of skulls which is weird to think about but he thinks they're cool.

"So, we have talked about the local cryptids so it's time we watch some movies about them to learn more." Ben smiled and got his pile of DVDs ready.

"Uh Bennie, I got to go to something real quick, ill be back," Kaylie smirks and winks at me, she runs up the stairs to his room which I'm guessing is to read one of the many newspapers that man probably has. Faith and Athena go too.

"So I have to ask you something-" I ask ben while he is digging through his cupboard for chips.

"Hm?" he looks at me, arms filled with bags and boxes of snacks.

"Do you have a crush on anybody?" I ask, confident.

"Not really, this better not be a confession cause if so-" He starts to say

"I REALLY LIKE YOU!" I blurt out, soon going quiet and blushing like a tomato.

He looks at me and looks confused.

"Luna, I'm sorry but I don't feel the same way." He says, putting the stuff down.

"Really?" I ask, he nods and walks over to me. I try to suck it up and go back to what I'm doing.

Kaylie walks past, frowns at me, and helps us get ready. I wanted to crawl up into a hole and die. I felt so embarrassed. Soon the doorbell goes off which breaks all of our attention. 

"I'll get it!" Faith yells and runs down the steps to the door, Ben had bought us delivery. Faith got the food and came in, dropping it off on the counter. We get our food and spend the eating and watching scary movies. Athena and Faith chill and talks about music after the movie is over, Kaylie watches her favorite movies and Ben is asleep snoring in his laz-e-boy. I played on my phone and went to the bathroom to cry. I made a fool out of myself and I don't know how Ben will ever forgive me. I'm so scared he'll stop being my friend. 

I hear a knock on the bathroom, it's Kaylie. "Hey, hey what's wrong?" she asks me softly after I opened the door. 

"I made a fool out of myself. What if Ben doesn't want to be friends anymore." I tell her. 

"You're brave and Ben would never hate you." She tells me and rubs my back, "I'd snap him like a twig if he ever hurts or hated you." She tells me, Athena comes up and asks what's wrong. Kaylie tells him and comforts me too. They try to make me feel better and we go to the living room and watch a movie together. Faith is on her phone looking at Tumblr, not saying anything. She knew what was going on but doesn't know how to help. She asks me if I'm okay and once I tell her I am she looks back at her phone. Athena, Kaylie, and I watch a movie before getting ready to go home. Faith makes sure Ben gets to bed and gets in her 67' Impala and makes sure we leave before she drives home. She texts all of us once she gets home to make sure we're okay and we're all home safe. 

Faith and Athena are on the phone for a few hours, at one point I get on too and we play some games together until we got tired and went to Ben. Kaylie was texting Robert and trying to set ground before she makes a big step. She was very confident and she cleaned her room and made sure it looked nice. She was hoping that Robert liked her back and she didn't know yet but she was right.