Who wants the Sorcerer's Stone?

Dumbledore had made a solid point about the mirror and Harry didn't go looking for the Mirror of Erised again, and for the rest of the Christmas holidays the cloak stayed folded at the bottom of his trunk in the Slytherin dormitory. But Harry couldn't forget what he saw in the mirror as easily. He was starting to get nightmares. It was always the same dream. His parents disappearing in a flash of green light while a high voice cackled with laughter. This resulted in Harry sending daily letters to Moony who was worried about him greatly. Through his letters back, Moony tried to get Harry to talk to Snape about it but he was too stubborn.

"You see, Dumbledore was right, that mirror could drive you mad," said Ron after Harry told them about the nightmares.

Draco, who came back with the rest of the Hogwarts students a day before the term started, offered Harry to sleep with him. The dark eyebags were the first thing he noticed when they met at the train station. Then he flipped when Kate mentioned the midnight adventures, telling Harry how much of an idiot he was, and how he could have gotten a cold from the chilly corridors.

Hermione took a different point of things. She was torn between horror at the idea of Harry being out of bed, roaming the school three nights in a row, and disappointed that he hadn't at least found out who Nicolas Flamel was. She had asked Draco on the train if his parents said anything, and his response was "My father looked at me like I just asked him which fork to use for salad."

They had almost given up hope of ever finding Flamel in a library book, even though Harry was still sure he'd read the name somewhere. Once term started, they were back to skimming through books for ten minutes during break. Harry had even less time than the other four since Quidditch practice had started again.

Flint was working the team harder than ever. Even when rain replaced the snow, he made them practice almost every day. Their next game against the Hufflepuffs could get them way above Gryffindor for the house championship. David had asked Flint to calm down with the practices, but he flipped out. Flint kept saying Wood would try and beat him this year so he had to make sure he couldn't. Travis joking yelled at him to confess his feeling to Wood already.

Then, during one particularly wet and muddy practice session, Flint mentioned something shocking. The team was starting to mess around and no matter how many times Flint tried to tell them to stop, David would dive bomb him. After almost thirty minutes of the team slacking off, he gave up.

"Fine, do what you want. Snape is refereeing this match, so he'll let us get away with more stuff."

"Professor Snape is refereeing?" said Travis who stopped flying in circles. "But he barely goes to the games, only to the ones with Slytherin in them."

The whole team landing and stood around Flint.

"I don't think he will go easy on us," said David. "He has become a little soft with the Hufflepuffs."

The team turned to look at David with wide eyes but some nodded, agreeing with his statement.

"Snape is turning soft with the Hufflepuffs?" mumbled Flint who then shook his head. "No, this is Snape we are talking about."

Why would Professor Snape want to hang around the Quidditch pitch? The man didn't seem like someone who cared enough for Quidditch.

The rest of the team hung back to talk to one another at the end of practice, but Harry headed straight back to the Slytherin common room, where he found Kate and Draco working on homework. They had claimed a spot near the fireplace. Harry placed himself next to Draco, shoving his cold fingers under Draco's thighs. The blonde yelped and shoved Harry away.

"Don't do that. Your fingers are freezing."

Harry whined and pressed himself up against Draco's side.