The Third-Floor Corridor

Harry didn't know how he got through his exams with Voldemort knocking at their door. He would check on Fluffy to see if he was still there every day with Draco and Kate. Moony had also been sending him almost daily letters now, asking about his day and how his own day went. He would also tell him storied about Harry's dad. This helped Harry with calming down when he read them over and over during the night.

When exams came, they first had to do the written exams. For three days, they took two hour exams for all their classes. They weren't allowed to bring their own stuff; an Anti-Cheating quill waited for them on their desk. There was also special quill for students with learning disabilities. Kate had one that helped her with spelling. When they were down, they would raise their hand, get their exam taken up, and were free to leave. Draco and Kate were one of the first few to leave, wanting to get out of the hot classroom and into the cold dungeons.

They had practical exams as well. Professor Flitwick had called them one by one into his classroom to see if they could make a pineapple dance across his desk. Professor McGonagall watched them turn a mouse into a snuffbox – points were given for how pretty it was, and points were taken off if it still had whiskers. Snape made them nervous, breathing down their necks while they tried to remember how to make a Forgetfulness potion. Harry had glanced over at Kate who didn't look bothered by her dad and Draco who looked like he was trying to stay calm.

Harry did the best he could, trying to ignore the stabbing pain in his scar, which has been bothering him since the adventure to the forest. Blaise thought Harry had a bad case in exam nerves because Harry couldn't sleep. He would pace in front of his bed before Draco forced him into his bed. The truth was that Harry kept being woken up by his old nightmare, but it was worse than ever. There was a hooded figure with dripping blood.

Ron and Hermione didn't seem to worry like Harry did over the stone. Draco was more worried than them but still didn't care as much. Kate, on the other hand, would leave if you mentioned the stone. The idea of Voldemort certainly scared them, but he didn't keep visiting their dreams, except for maybe Kate.

His last exam was History of Magic with the other first years. Two hours of answering questions about batty old wizard who's invented self-stirring cauldrons and they'd be free for a whole week until exam results came out. When Harry finished alongside a few of the last kids, he mental cheered before rushing out of the classroom to find his friends.

"That was far easier than I thought it would be," said Hermione when he joined them on the sunny grounds. They had finished before them and planned to meet on the grounds. The first to leave was Kate, then Hermione, Draco, and lasty, Ron. "I needn't have learned about the 1637 Werewolf Code of Conduct or the uprising of Elfric the Eager."

Hermione always liked to go through their exam papers afterward, but the other said they didn't want to see it again. For Draco and Ron, it made them fell ill since the exam was stressful while Kate just didn't care, why she should dwell on something she can't change. They wondered down to the lake and sat under a tree. Draco had a picnic blanket with him, so he laid it out for the five to sit down. The Weasley twins and Lee Jordan were tickling the tentacles of a giant squid, which was basking in the warm shallows.

"No more studying," Ron sighed happily, stretching out on the blanket. "You could look more cheerful, Harry, we've got a week before we find out how badly we've done, there's no need to worry yet."

Harry was rubbing his forehead, leaning against Draco.

"I wish I knew what this means!" he burst out angrily causing Draco to start running his fingers through Harry's hair. "My scar keeps hurting – it's happened before, but never as often as this."

"Go to Madam Pomfrey," suggested Hermione but she didn't know that Harry had already tried. He visits her every month for a checkup, so he asked last checkup.