Harry's First Time in the Wizard World

Harry was not sure of how he got here, walking into a pub with a giant man that told him last night that he was a wizard. He was just with his aunt and uncle and now he had a list of what he needed for Hogwarts which sounded like a made up place. They walked up to the bartender who gave a small smile to Hagrid.

"The usual, Hagrid?" He reached for a glass as the giant man rubbed his nose. Yea

"Can't, Tom. I'm on Hogwarts business," spoke Hagrid as he grabbed Harry's shoulder who shook a little under the weight.

"Good Lord." The bartender, Tom, stared at Harry with wide eyes. This was creepy. "Is that- can this be-?"

The little, dark pub went silent, leaving Harry embarrassed of all the people staring at him and wishing his large shirt would swallow him. Soon, Tom rushed up to Harry and shook his hand with tears in his eyes.

"Welcome back, Mr. Potter, welcome back."

Then everyone in the Leaky Cauldron stood up to shake hands with him, all their hands being larger than his tiny one. Harry even recognized one of the men who then yelled out that Harry remembered him.

A pale, young looking man made his way up to the giant and the little boy with twitching hands.

"Professor Quirrell!" shouted Hagrid. "Harry, Professor Quirrell will be one of your teachers at Hogwarts."

"P-P-Potter," stammered Professor Quirrell as he shook Harry's hand with his gloved one. "c-can't t-tell you how p-pleased I am to meet you."

Harry found out that the shaking man taught Defense Against the Dark Arts, but the man seemed terrified to be around him which was weird. Soon, Hagrid managed to get Harry away from the crowd of people in ten minutes and they were in a small courtyard.

"Told yeh, didn't I? Told yeh you were famous. Even Professor Quirrell was tremblin' ter meet yeh – mind you, he's usually tremblin'."

He grinned at Harry who just smiled back a little. Then Hagrid started counting the bricks and tapped the wall three times with the tip of his umbrella.

The brick wiggled and soon an archway was in the wall that led onto a cobbled street that turned out of sight.

"Welcome to Diagon Alley."

Hagrid waved his umbrella in front of the archway and smiled at Harry's amazement. Harry followed the large man through the archway and turned around to see the archway close up.

The nearest shop had a stack of cauldrons in front of it with a large sign saying Cauldrons – All Sizes – Copper, Brass, Pewter, Silver – Self-Stirring – Collapsible. Harry only knew what two of those materials.

"We can get yer stuff after we get yer money," Hagrid said as he led him down the street.

Harry wishes his glasses worked better as he turned his little head in every direction, trying to look at everything at once. He saw a plump lady complain about dragon liver being seventeen sickles outside of a shop called Apothecary. He saw a shop full of different kinds of owls called Eeylops Owl Emporium. He saw boys his age pressing their noses to a shop window. He saw shops filled with things he had never seen in his life.

Soon they stopped in front of a tall, pure white building that stood way over the little shops Harry had passed.

"Gringotts," said Hagrid as the walked up to the bronze doors with short man standing beside it.

"That's a goblin, Harry."

The goblin was wearing a scarlet and gold uniform and was a head shorted than Harry with was much. He had a clever face and a pointed beard along with long fingers and feet. The goblin bowed when they walk in, which was weird to Harry. No one has every bowed to him before.