Chapter 6: The Lips of Zayn

****Carrie’s POV****

I was serving a customer at work just as Zayn walked into the restaurant. Isabel jumped and quickly served him to a table. She was eager to get Niall’s number from Zayn.

“Isabel I’m going on break,” I tell her, after she comes back.

“Alright-y then, tell Zayn thanks for Niall’s number,” she chimes, going to the other side of the restaurant.

I walk over to the table he’s sitting at, taking the seat across him. “Hey.”

“Hey.” He smiles.

“Isabel says thanks for Niall’s number,” I blurt out, looking down at my fingers. The black nail polish coming off in small pieces.

“Tell her it’s no problem,” his voice says.

Zayn stutters out something, “Carrie—I was—uh—thinking—uh.”

“Yeah?” I ask, making eye contact with his brown eyes.

“Umm—“ He starts to say again before my phone buzzes in my pocket.

“Ex-excuse me.” I slide off the seat, looking down at the small bright screen.

It’s from a contact I forgot to delete, something I should’ve done a long time ago, yet I didn’t.

From: Peter :) <3

Carrie, turn around

My body spins round to face Peter standing at the door-way, cuts on his face, mud all over his clothes.

Isabel starts blabbering to Zayn, to keep his attention off the awkward scene going on.

“Peter what happened?” I ask, grabbing his head in my hands.

“Can you help?” Peter asks me.

“Sure.” We head for the Woman’s toilet. Luckily no one’s there, so we can be in peace.

Peter sits on the counter, letting me clean off his wounds. Only the gash on his head was the really bad part.

“There.” We make eye-contact for a good 5 seconds before Peter slams his lips into mine.

An instinct runs through me, I grab his shoulders and push him away. “STOP IT PETER!!! WE’RE DONE!!”

“I thought you would want me back.” He kisses me again.

I keep attempting to pull him away, but he doesn’t budge. I try to scream with his mouth on mine, until the door bursts open.

Zayn stands in the door-way, hands in fists, and an angry face proving he’s pissed. Zayn pushes off Peter, sealing it with a good punch to Peter’s jaw before grabbing my wrist, and dragging me out.

Once we leave the restaurant, Zayn stops, making my back push up against the brick wall. “Are you hurt?” Zayn asks, examining my neck and face.

“No, I’m fine Zayn.”

Zayn decides just to take me home. I know Isabel will find out some excuse for my sudden disappearance.

~~

****Zayn’s POV****

The guy kissing her surely pissed me off, but something told me that wasn’t the one who hurt my Carrie. No, it was someone else.

I was sitting on the corner of Carrie’s bed, as she was scanning through her closet in need of something to change into.

“Don’t look.” I close my eyes, turning around, respecting her need of privacy.