Chapter 9: Sleepless nights, cold weather, dresses, and tears

****Carrie’s POV****

I burst out in tears, gripping my mum’s shoulders for support as my knees give out. The tears coming out of me like a pipe-leak spilling out water. I scream, the pain reaching my heart. I can’t help but to think a world without him, I just can’t. I continue to scream, my mum desperately trying to keep me calm but failing ever so miserably. I never wanted this to happen, never.

**15 hours earlier…

I wake up to the sound of my phone blaring in my ear. Quickly I grab my phone and check the message.

From: Zayn <3

ELLO THIS IS LOUIS, I TOOK ZAYN’S PHONE, YOU SHOULD SEE HIS FACE WHEN HE SLEEPS:

The message contains a picture of Zayn sleeping in his bed. The white blanket covering his lower-torso, but the top show’s he’s shirtless, and he has lots of tattoos.

I giggle before sending back: Thanks Louis, next time don’t message me at 4:30 Night :P

My eyes refuse to shut back, I have this weird feeling in my stomach. I decide to get up and go to the shower. The hot water doesn’t chase away the weird feeling out of my stomach. My shoulders are tense, which never usually happen…

I get this “fuck it” attitude and just exit the shower, changing into jeans and a black tank top. I eat a bowl of Lucky Charms before going into the living room to see my mum asleep on the sofa. She has a book lying on her chest, her hair in a messy bun, and her favorite sweats on.

Gently I grab the book, place the book-mark in before slowly placing it on the coffee table. I find a small blanket, and cover her, what must be cold body.

I make my way to the kitchen, and decide to make breakfast for my mum. That is, until I get a text from Zayn.

From: Zayn <3

Hi, I took Zayn’s phone this is Liam. Danielle my girlfriend not you friend, haha, are making breakfast and we want you to come over and surprise Zayn. So will ya come? :)

I begin to laugh before answering: Ha-ha okay Liam, just let me tell my mum I’m heading out. Maybe you should just text me from your own phone next time, ha-ha. Is Zayn still sleeping?

Liam replies: Yup, he stayed up all of last night.

My mum wakes up and comes into the room, “Good morning.”

“Morning mum, is it okay if I go to Zayn’s flat?” I ask, pushing the plate of eggs I just made towards her.

“Thank you, and sure, be careful.” I kiss her good-bye and take my jacket, leaving the house. I climb into my car, and drive off to Zayn’s flat.

Niall stands outside waiting for me, I guess to get me by their security guard.

“Hey Niall!” I tell him, locking my car.

“Hey Carrie! C’mon Danielle is making pancakes!!” he shouts, grabbing my arm and leading me inside.

We enter the flat, Niall being kind by taking my jacket off of me, hanging the coat on the rack. I take off my shoes and walk inside.

“Hey!!” Danielle and Liam yell from the kitchen.

“Hi,” I reply.

I sit at the dining room as I am handed a plate of fluffy pancakes. I begin to eat and drink the orange juice I was given just as Zayn walks in, without his shirt….

“Morn—CARRIE OH HEY!!” he nervously says.

“Hey Zayn,” I giggle as he runs out of the room to go change.