Chapter 15: Kidnapped Part 2

****Zayn’s POV****

5 a.m. exactly. I walked into the strangely unlocked front doors of the public library.

The back door was slammed shut, I know he’s gone, but where’s Carrie?

It’s too dark to see anything; my phone was letting off little light to see through the darkness. I stepped into the child’s center, feeling the wall for a light switch. When I found it, I flipped it up, the light illuminating the huge space.

Instead of little kids’ laughter in the room, a small whimper was heard. My eyes fell to the middle table, Carrie’s tangled body lying there, blood pouring out of her.

My legs almost collapsed, but I encouraged them to keep moving to the hurt girl. Her eyes were shut, but she was breathing.

“Carrie!” I screamed, shaking her shoulders, no luck; she didn’t wake up, or even move.

I dialed for an ambulance, hoping Carrie would make it through until they came.

****Carrie’s POV****

The blaring noise of sirens woke me up, a hand was on my fore-arm, but my head hurt way too much too look up to see the owner of the hand.

My eyes were about to drift off again when I heard the sweet voice, “Hey, hey, hey, don’t fall asleep.”

Zayn’s head titled down in front of mine, paramedics entering the room.

The duct tape was gently removed from my face, my hands and legs being undone by the calm boy.

My body was lifted up onto the stretcher. Zayn’s hand began to entwine with mine.

The wound on my leg had already been treated carelessly by Tyler.

“My leg,” I croak out.

Zayn was in the ambulance with me, holding my hand throughout the entire time.

The paramedics placed an oxygen mask over my face, my hands going instantly to it to rip it off my face. Zayn’s hands grabbed my wrists, shaking his head slightly.

My eyes fell into contact with his, examining his tired looking face. A black, puffy circle beneath his eyes, his hair was even a mess! That never happened.

~~

It was quiet in the room, something that really freaked me out. Monitors were hooked up randomly on my chest, an IV feed through my hand, and more monitors on my head.

I couldn’t remember how many hours had gone by since the emergency surgery I was put through for my leg. Hey, for all I know I’m probably missing my leg, since I can’t feel anything through my body.

The door was opened slightly, black hair sticking out before Zayn appeared through the door.

I smiled through the mask on my face, his strange calmness entering the room.

“Hey,” he says, smiling as he leans down to kiss my forehead.

I pull off the mask, regaining at least some fresh air back into my lungs. “What happened?” I croak out.

“Some bastard kidnapped you,” Zayn mutters, losing his calm nature.

“Zayn,” I begin to say.

“Yeah?” he asks, grabbing my hand, running his long fingers over my short ones.

“Never mind,” I sigh, not wanting to tell him the truth.

“Carrie, what exactly happened?” Zayn asks, our fingers tying in together.

“Well, he broke into my house, cut me with a kitchen knife, and then kidnapped me. Oh yeah, he also would crush some kind of pills into the water he offered me, and make me drink it to the point where I would lose conscious,” I begin to blurt out all of the information, using up the small air my lungs had received.