fifteen: gesture

-▪︎☆♡☆▪︎-

MUICHIRO DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL ANYMORE.

it had been a few weeks. he couldn't remember that memory just yet, but things were starting to come back. and the more they did, the more flustered and confused he got.

it was irritating, to say the least. he didn't think he wanted to feel so confused all the time. he would always shrug it off as unimportant. until...

"look! look at this cute moss i found!"

she would always do something to ruin the equilibrium, like present a wad of moss, talk about the beetle in the kitchen, or just gaze lovingly at muichiro.

"i'll be going on my mission now."

"huh? but it's daytime. i can't come with you." hikari pouts.

"you don't need to." muichiro says. "just stay here, and rest."

"are you sure?"

muichiro grinds his teeth.

"yep."

-▪︎☆♡☆▪︎-

he hadn't been going on a typical mission. it wasn't a mission to slay demons- it was a mission to understand emotions.

mitsuri.

as the love pillar, she should know what to do... right? after all, her dream is to marry a man that loves her for who she is. she should understand emotions plenty well.

muichiro had thought about contacting shinobu about it, but she would have gone into the medical side of emotions.

rengoku? too loud. on a mission.

giyu? ...

sanemi? outcasted his own brother. terrible option.

obanai? hates all women except mitsuri.

gyomei? would have been religious about it.

uzui? has three wives, but they were given to him from tradition. and every time muichiro had seen the wives with him, they were yelling at him, and uzui would yell back until he got too scared and gave in.

and he wasn't gonna talk to himself. that's just blasphemous.

therefore, mitsuri kanroji was the only viable option. he didn't exactly want to visit her, but he was about tired of his head being so cloudy with confusion.

mitsuri throws the door open before muichiro can even knock.

"tokito-kun!"

she throws her arms around him, and pulls him to her chest. with an annoyed sigh, he pulls himself away.

"why are you here?!" mitsuri excitedly asks.

"hikari."

"oh, you're cute demon friend? what about her?"