twenty-six: hashira training begins

-▪︎☆♡☆▪︎-

MUICHIRO HAD TO EXPLAIN.

hikari was told that hashira training would be set in place, which would involve large groups of demon slayers to travel to each hashira under different training regimes. they would reside in the mansions until they were deemed strong enough to move on.

however, all hikari heard was that there would be lots of people around her for undefined lengths of time.

"w-what? i'm not sure... that's so many people! i- most people aren't comfortable with me-" hikari rambles nervously.

"don't worry. they'll be training most of the time." muichiro explains. "and even if they don't like you, if they try anything i'll kill them. i'm a hashira. i can do that."

"i... don't think that's how it works..." hikari smiles softly.

"i guess we'll never know."

hikari smiled at muichiro, and she serves him the simmered radish with sweet miso. with an eager smile, the hashira happily eats the hot meal, lighting up hikari's face.

one by one, demon slayers began to arrive.

"tokito-sama, hello!" a young girl says. she's probably still older than muichiro, but she seems to be acting like a little kid. "my name is sumiko suzuki!" she announces. she brushes her stark blonde away, her brown eyes gazing at muichiro eagerly.

"'kay."

"i'm ready to train here!"

"'kay."

sumiko deadpans at muichiro's blank reaction. he allows her to step inside, his nose burning at the smell of the perfume she wears.

all too sweet.

"where can i stay?" she asks.

"this way." he waves sumiko along, his uniform swaying as he walks down the hallway. he opens a door to a room with several dingy futons on the floor, much to sumiko's surprise.

"erm... you don't have something nicer?" she asks.

"does this not fit your requirements?" muichiro huffs as he crosses his arms.

"it's just... a bit dusty. kanroji-sama had nicer-"

"well, i'm not kanroji." muichiro cuts her off. "take any futon you want. bathroom is at the end of the hall."

he walks off abruptly, leaving sumiko alone. she rolls her eyes as she makes her way to the cleanest looking futon. she places her sword on it before making her way to the bathroom.

as she walks down the hallway, one of the room doors opens.

sumiko and hikari stare at each other with wide eyes. sumiko's eyebrows seem to be furrowed in anger, whereas hikari's are raised nervously.

"hello." hikari smiles. "i'm hikari na-"

"i don't care."