Chapter 22

Pete's POV:

It was so hard to see Patrick like this. He was still crying. Still his back turned towards me. I wanted to lay next to him. Cuddle him so hard. Tell him everything will be alright. But I was scared. He looks so fragile. That if I just touch him, he'll break in a thousand pieces.

I had to do something. I cant let my best friend feel like he's alone at this moment.

I stood up from my chair and sat next to him on the bed. I placed my hand on his shoulder and he flinched. His breath hitching.

God Trick. What happened to you.

'Trick, I don't really know what to say. But uh I am always here for you. You know that right?' I spoke softly.

'T-thank you Pete' he managed between the sobs.

He slowly turned around. He layed on his back and watched the ceeling. He turned his head towards me. His blue big eyes watching me. I saw his eyes get wattery again.

'I-i am s-so sorry Pete' he cried.

I leaned down and engulved him in my arms. He grabbed my back tight. Like he was never letting go. I liked it. It meant to me that he still trusts me.

'It's okay Trick. I just want you to okay again!, and you're not alone in this battle okay. I dont know what happened, what made you this way but I'm helping you, like you've helped me!'

I kissed his forehead and layed next to him. We layed like this for a while and soon I heard his breathing even out and I looked down and saw that he was asleep. He still looked so stressed. So sad. I listened to his breathing which had a calming effect and I soon found myself drifting off.