Chapter 27

Pete's POV:

The last two months Patricks mood became a bit better. He smiled. He actually smiled which I had missed so much. He started eating a bit more but not muchm but it was a start. He also stopped cutting and I'm so proud.

We haven't heard anything from Elisa anymore which is good. Joe finally came to see Patrick again. He hadn't since we found Trick. Joe told me Andy wasn't ready. It hurt to much to see him. So broken and fragile.

Patrick was still asleep as I was making breakfast for the two of us. Nothing much just pancakes. I was busy flipping them over in the pan as I heard the stairs screech. I looked around and I saw a sleepy Patrick coming down.

'Goodmorning Tricky' I sad cheery and he smiled which made my heart skip a beat.

I knew I loved him. He knew I loved him. But I didnt know if he loved me back. Maybe I should find out.

Patrick sat at the dinner table as I put a plate with a pancake in front of him. He kept staring at it for a while and poking arround.

'It's okay Trick, you can eat, you may eat!' I encouraged him, he looked at me with his big eyes questioning if that was true.

He took a small bite and I saw that he was struggling but he ate it. He managed half of the pancake and that was enough for me. He did good!

'You did good Trick' I told him proud but I knew he wasn't.

'Come on we'll watch a movie' I told him as I grabbed our plates and put them in the dishwasher.

We sat down as the Lord of the Rings - Two Towers began. I scooted closer to Patrick but he didn't notice. I just needed to know if he loved me back. Did he even like me?

So I put my hand on his knee rubbing my thumb but he reacter way differently than I had expected. He flinched away. He stiffened. He looked at me with glossy eyes when he darted up and sprinted away upstairs.

What have I done?

I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed. I just fucked it all up. I walked up the stairs and I heard him sniffle in his bedroom. I knocked on the door but it stayed quiet. No movement, no talking just sniffles.

'Please Trick, I'm sorry, I just....'

'Dont apologize for everything Pete. You have nothing to apologize for. I'm the one who fucked up not you' he cut me off yelling.

'B-but Trick, please let me in'

I heard him shuffle a bit and I tried the door and it opened. I looked into the room but didn't saw him until I looked to the side. His knees up against his chest. Trails of tears on his cheeks.

I sat next to him, I just wanted him to open up to me.

'W-whats wrong Trick'

He looked at me, questioning if he should talk.

'I-i'm scared Pete, I'm petrified. I-i love you Pete. I've always done. But I'm not good enough for you. You deserve so much better. And I dont want to dissapoint you, or have you be ashamed of me. And I, i dont wanna be hurt again' the last came out as a whisper. He started shaking.

'But Tricky, you don't have to be scared. To me you are a freaking angel. You are beautifull. You are perfect. You've never ever dissapointed me and I'll never be ashamed of you. And Trick, look at me, I will never lay a hand on you, ever!'

He started crying. I hugged him tight. Staying for that for a moment. I broke the hug and I cupped his cheeks.

'I love you so much Trick' I whispered.

Our faces came closer and closer and our lips crashed into eachother. Starttling Partrick. I kissed him but he didn't kiss back for a while but then he relaxed. To be honest this was the best kiss I had ever shared. Sparks flying around us. We parted and our forheads rested against eachother.

'I love you too' he whispered as he pecked my lips.