||Chapter Nine||

I sat outside the hospital wing waiting for visiting hours.

"Miss Wyllt". Dumbledore whispered from down the hall. I quickly got up and looked at him.

"Why are you here? You should be getting rest after the night you had". Dumbledore whispered while looking down at my bandaged hand.

"I just really wanted to see if he was alright". I whispered. Dumbledore looked at me.

"You did a brave thing Y/n". Dumbledore whispered. I looked over at him confused.

"Even though you didn't play a part in Quirrell's defeat you brought up the courage to face whatever lay behind that single door even with an injured hand. And not for yourself, you did it for a friend". Dumbledore whispered. I looked down at my hand thinking to myself then looked back at Dumbledore.

"Dumbledore I walked past you and McGongall talking about giving points to each of us but I would like to request you hand me no points". I whispered. Dumbledore faintly smiles at me.

"You do know Miss Wyllt in doing so your house won't receive the house cup"? Dumbledore whispered.

"I know sir, and I know that Gryffindor deserves it". I whispered. He smiled and looked over at the door.

"You may come with me if you like". Dumbledore whispered while slowly opening the hospital wing door. I smiled faintly while following Dumbledore in.

"Good afternoon Harry". Dumbledore spoke softly while walking over to Harry's hospital bed. I slowly walked over to see many boxes of candies and cards.

"Hi, Harry". I whispered with a faint smile.

"Ah. Tokens from your admirers"? Dumbledore whispered while looking around at the candy.

"Admirers"? Harry spoke confused.

"What happened down in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so, naturally, the whole school knows". Dumbledore spoke softly while taking a seat on Harry's bed. I sat in a chair right beside Harry.

"What happened to the Stone"? Harry asked us worriedly.

"Relax, dear boy. The stone has been destroyed...My friend Nicholas and I had a little chat and agreed it was best all-around". Dumbledore whispered.

"Does that mean, with the Stone gone, I mean, that Voldemort can never come back"? Harry asked leading me to quickly look over at Dumbledore.

"Ah, I'm afraid there are ways in which he can return... Harry, do you know why Professor Quirrell couldn't bear to have you touch him? It was because of your mother. She sacrificed herself for you, and that kind of act leaves a mark. This kind of mark cannot be seen. It lives in your very skin". Dumbledore whispered. I looked over at Dumbledore confused.

"What is it"? Harry asked.

"Love, Harry...love". Dumbledore whispered while patting Harry's head gently and stood up.

"I'll leave you with Y/n". Dumbledore whispered while walking out of the hospital wing.

"I'm glad you're alright". I whispered with a faint smile.

"Are you alright"? Harry asked while looking at my bandaged hand.

"I'm alright". I whispered with a smile.

"I didn't know You-Know-Who was there"... I whispered while rubbing the bandages over my palm.

"You could feel him couldn't you". Harry whispered while looking over at me.

"I don't know Harry I was just scared, and I nearly gave up". I whispered.

"But you didn't...thank you". Harry whispered.