05

The Kids

»»————- .⋅ ✯ ⋅. ————-««

Hopper drives to a hill near the Wheeler's neighborhood. He stops the car and they all get out of the car and look at the Wheeler's house. There are men taking boxes of stuff out of the house. Nancy is worried. "I have to go home." 

"No, you can't," Hopper says. 

"My mom...my dad are there." 

"They're gonna be okay." Nancy starts walking away. "Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey," Hopper hurries after her and grabs her. 

"Let go. Let go!" 

"Hey! Listen to me. Listen to me. The last thing in the world we need is them knowing you're mixed up in all this." 

"Mike is over there-" 

"They haven't found him. Not yet, at least." Hopper points up at a helicopter.

"For Mike?" 

Ben, Joyce, and Jonathan get in the car as Hopper starts dragging Nancy toward the car. "Come on, get in the car." Nancy and Hopper get in the car.

Hopper turns to look at the teens in the back. "Look, we need to find them before they do. Do either of you have an idea as to where your brothers might have gone?" 

"No, I don't," Nancy says. 

Ben shakes his head. "I need you to think." 

"I don't know. We haven't talked a lot," Nancy says. 

"I have a walkie-talkie at my house. Knowing them, one of them will have their walkie-talkie on them," Ben says, talking fast. 

"Where do you live?" Hopper asks. Ben gives Hopper directions to his house. 

They get to the house and go inside. They walk into Ben's room. Ben grabs the walkie-talkie and gives it to Nancy. She holds the talk button. 

"Mike, are you there? Mike? Mike, it's me, Nancy. Mike, are you there? Answer." She lets go of the button and waits a few seconds for a response.

 "Let me try," Ben takes the walkie-talkie and starts holding the talk button. "Listen, Mike, Dustin, Lucas, whoever is there. We are trying to help you. We know about the girl. Please just tell us where you are. We want to protect you. I'm here with Nancy, Jonathan, Will's mom, and the chief. Answer and tell us where you are. Do you copy? Over," Ben lets go of the talk button. There is a moment of silence. 

"Yeah, I copy," Mike's voice comes from the walkie-talkie, "It's Mike. I'm here. We're here." Everyone smiles, relieved. Ben holds down the talk button. 

"Great. Where are you?" Ben lets go of the button. 

"We're at the junkyard." 

"Okay, we're coming. Stay put." Ben puts the walkie-talkie down. They all walk outside. Hopper and Ben get in Ben's car, and the others get in Jonathan's car. They'll meet up at the Byers' house. Ben starts driving to the junkyard.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .