13

Pack of Dogs

»»————- .⋅ ✯ ⋅. ————-««

Lucas and Dustin sit behind a car and talk. Ben, Steve, and Max start reinforcing the bus. Steve walks past the car Lucas and Dustin are hiding behind and he hits it with a chair. "Hey! Dickheads! How come the only people helping me out are this random girl and the other Henderson? We lose light in 40 minutes. Let's go. Let's go, I said!" 

"All right, asshole! God!" Dustin says. Lucas and Dustin start helping. They all finish reinforcing the bus just before it gets dark. They get on the bus and wait for Dart.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

Steve is playing with the lighter. "So you really fought one of these things before?" Max asks. Steve nods. "And you're, like, totally, 100% sure it wasn't a bear?" 

"Shit. Don't be an idiot. Okay? It wasn't a bear. Why are you even here if you don't believe us? Just go home," Dustin says. 

"Geesh. Someone's cranky. Past your bedtime?" Max goes up to the roof where Lucas is.

"That's good. Just show her you don't care," Steve says. 

"I don't," Dustin responds. 

"Right." Steve winks. 

"Why are you winking, Steve? Stop." A noise is suddenly heard outside. Ben, Steve, and Dustin all move to the window.

"You see him?" Dustin asks. 

"No," Ben and Steve say in unison. 

"Lucas, what's going on?" Dustin asks. 

"Hold on! I've got eyes! Ten o'clock! Ten o'clock!" Lucas yells. 

"There," Steve points at Dart. Ben and Dustin look at where he's pointing. 

"What's he doing?" Dustin asks. 

"I don't know. He's not taking the bait. Why is he not taking the bait?" 

"Maybe he's not hungry?" 

"Or, maybe he's sick of cow," Ben says while standing up. Dustin and Steve look at Ben while he grabs his bat. 

"Ben? Ben, what are you doing?" Dustin asks.

 "Ben," Steve says. Ben turns to look at them. 

"Just get ready to light it up." Ben opens the door and slowly walks out. Dustin closes the door behind him. Ben grips the bat as he walks toward Dart. He whistles a bit to try to get Dart's attention. "Come on, Buddy." Ben whistles again. "Human tastes better than cat, I promise." Ben can now clearly make out Dart.

"Ben, watch out!" Lucas yells. 

"I'm a little busy here!" Ben yells back. 

"Three o'clock! Three o'clock!" Ben looks at where Lucas is telling him and sees more creatures like Dart. Steve runs and opens the door. 

"Ben!" "Abort! Abort!" Dustin yells. The creatures run at Ben. Ben runs toward the bus, being chased. He jumps into the bus, falling right into Steve. Dustin closes the door.

"Sorry," Ben says while starting to get up. A creature starts trying to get in. Ben grabs a piece of metal and uses his feet to push it against the door. The creature moves the metal out of the way. Ben starts hitting the creature with his bat. Steve helps Ben. The kids are all freaking out. Suddenly, there's a noise coming from the roof. Max screams. 

Steve runs over to her and looks up at the creature on the roof. "Out of the way! Out of the way! You want some? Come get this!" The creature screeches and then abruptly stops. All of the creatures run away. They disappear into the woods.

Ben walks toward the door and opens it. He starts walking out slowly. Steve is directly behind him and the kids follow behind him. 

"What happened?" Lucas asks. 

"I don't know," Max says. 

"Steve and Ben scared 'em off," Dustin says. 

"No. No way," Steve states, slightly confused. 

"They're going somewhere," Ben says while walking toward the woods.

»»————- ⋅. ✯ .⋅ ————-««