9

After stopping at Jake's house to get a few of our stuff we arrive to Ares's place

After stopping at Jake's house to get a few of our stuff we arrive to Ares's place. We get out and he brings in a sleeping Maya. Mase comes running to me and Aresius has to hold him back from knocking me down on the floor.

"Mase, behave." Poor dog sits down, whining. I pat him on his head and follow them to the living room where my Aresius places our child down on the couch.

"Do you want something to eat or drink?" Ares asks me and I shake my head. I feel like throwing up at the mention of food.

"You need to eat something though. Something small." He opens a few cupboards and makes a sandwich quickly. Sitting down he puts the plate in front of me and I just stare at it. I hear him sigh and move closer, so close I can feel his warmth on the side of my body.

He picks the food up and brings it to my mouth after cutting it in a half. He takes the other half and takes a bite. With a little struggle I open my mouth and take a bite myself.

"Good job. Now tell me, how many night will we stay there so I can know how much to pack." He gives me another bite and after chewing and swallowing I answer.

"Just the weekend. After that we need to come back. We have that gala, remember?" Where he will probably win all the awards.

"Oh yeah, I remember. You still have the swimming pool, yeah?" I nod and take the bite he offers me. "Alright, I'll pack some swimming shorts." And with that he feeds me the last piece of bread.

I look at my plate and find it empty. I look at his plate and find it also empty.

Did I just eat a whole sandwich without having to stop?

Aresius gives me a glass  of water and makes me drink it. "Good job. There's a guest room upstairs if you're tired. Or Maya's room is big enough too if you want to sleep with her."

I shake my head. "I'm not tired yet. I have some work to do." He raises his eyebrows.

"I don't recall giving you work from either of your jobs." No you didn't, I'm looking for houses so I get away from that toxic household.

"It's not related to you or your companies." I tell him and take my phone out. All the house I find is either too small or too expensive.

He sits down next to me with his laptop on his lap and starts working on something. "I didn't know you had work for the next three days." I say while still looking at my screen.

"I don't." I stop and look at his screen and see houses.

"What are you doing?" I ask after shutting my phone.

"What are you doing is the better question." I furrow my brows and see beautiful buildings that I could never afford, but he can.

"For your question, I'm looking for a place to live. I don't like it that I'm so in the city. I'd rather have a little house where the garden is bigger so Maya can play outside."

"Oh."

"And I see you were doing the same. Jackass wants to move?" He asks with an irritated tone.

I let out a big sigh and drag my hand down my face. "No. I decided to try and get away from him after his family trip." I tell him already regretting it and he stops searching.

His head slowly turns to my direction. "Really?" I nod and he gives me a gentle smile.

"Someone finished her book." He teases and I laugh, soon he joins too. But when we see Maya stirring in her sleep we quickly stop and cover our mouth.

She snuggles into her dad and he puts down his device, placing her head on his lap. Ares combs through her curly hair while rubbing her small back. A smile takes over his face.

I look at the clock and see it's time for her dinner. I slowly start to wake her and she opens her eyes. "Love, it's dinner time. Let's go eat, okay?" I extend my arms to pick her up and she sleepily stands up.

I put her on my hip and go in the kitchen. Since it's not mine I don't do anything before getting permission. Ares senses this and nods his head.

"By the way, you don't have to ask anything here. Make yourself home." That sentence hits places it shouldn't.

With Maya still on my hip I start to make something small for her. It ends up being steamed broccoli with fried chicken and some baby carrots. I put orange juice in her cup and sit her in her chair.

I give her a rubber fork, so if she bites on it too hard it won't hurt her, and she starts eating.

After she decided it was enough I wipe her face and take the cloth from around her neck away. We all head upstairs and prepare Maya's bath. I undress her and make sure the temperature is good then put her in the water.

She play with her toys while saying things we can't understand. Suddenly she stops and make a hand signal for Ares to get closer. He does and Maya makes a the face where she wants a kiss.

He places a kiss on her lips and she starts to clap happily. "Is my little princess excited to play with mama and papa?" Aresius asks while splashing a little water on her shoulder so she won't be cold.

Maya nods and does half spins in the bathtub. "Mama. Mama. Mama."

"Yes, my love?" I give her my hand and she give it a little kiss. I smile and start washing down the soap off her body.

Ares hands me a towel and I wrap it around her petite body. I dry her off, put on her nappy and her pajama after brushing her little teeth.

I take a hair brush and comb through her hair with it then braid her hair. We tuck her in and tell a story.

I kiss her forehead. "Good night. I love you."

"I love you mama."

Ares presses a longer kiss on her forehead. "Sweet dreams. Papa loves you."

"I love you papa."

I close her door, but not fully and head to the guest room. Before I could go in a hand stops me. I turn around and face with Aresius.

He comes closer and places a kiss on my forehead. "Goodnight, darling." He leaves me there, stunned.

After coming back from the shock I go in the room and close the door. I take a shower, change, brush my teeth and go to bed.

Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Word count:1152
Hey! Check out my other story. It has more parts ready so I can update it more often.
Have a lovely day!