Chapter 16

Grace's POV
We finally got back and I'm starting school tomorrow. It's a private Christian school, in Franklin. I'm scared to death cause what if someone makes fun of me or they only like me cause of who my parents are.

*Time Skip*
Mama dropped me off at the front and people were starring at me. I got into homeroom and I could already tell this wasn't going to be good, but I'm trying to be optimistic. I went to all of my classes and now I was going to lunch. Mom packed me a salad with a water and a cut up orange. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a group of girls walking up to me. They came up and just starred at me. "Hi I'm Grace" I stood up and said but they obviously didn't care. "I don't care who you are new kid. I'm talking and your gonna listen. Are you Carrie Underwood's daughter" she asked, but how does she know I thought to myself "what does it matter since you said you don't care who I am" I said with a smart allelic tone. She then slapped me across the face "that's for being a smart ass, all you are is a worthless orphan they will never love you, ever." The rest of her friends laughed I really don't like it here ugh. I started to go to my locker and another group came up to me there were two guys and a girl. "Hi I'm Tennessee" the girl said she had blonde hair and hazel eyes just like I did. The first guy had dirty blonde hair and Green eyes. "Hi I'm Rhett I'm Tennessee's Boy Friend" the second guy came up next to me "Hi I'm Beau" he had dark drown hair with crystal blue eyes. "I'm the third wheel for these two" he said we all laughed "Well hi I'm Grace it's my first day"
"Yeah sorry about Lauren she can be a bit of an asshole" Tennessee said
"Just a bit?" I responded. We all laughed but we had to get back to class. Rhett and Tennessee went ahead while Beau stayed behind with me. "So maybe we could all hang out after school today" Beau said as he smiled "Um sure is my house okay"
"Yeah, I'll ask the two love birds over there"
I saw them by the lockers making out.
Beau and I both laughed. We got to English and all four of us sat in the back corner. "Class settle down we have a new student today Grace Fisher please welcome her with open arms"
Everyone said Hi and the class eventually started. A couple classes later the bell rang and we were dismissed. I called Mama to see if it was okay. "Hey Mama I met some kids at school would it be okay if they came over? I asked hoping she would say yes.
"Um... Sure but they might have to leave early cause Daddy has a hockey game" Okay they'll leave early they live around here anyway"
"Okay baby I'll be there in a few minutes" We all met at the side walk next to the school, but I saw the girl Lauren who slapped me during lunch.
"Hey Fisher lets finish what I started"
She kicked me to the ground, Tennessee started to try to get her off of me but the last thing I saw was Lauren's fist, then everything went black...