𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

[𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝑨 𝑻𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒐𝒓 𝑨𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝑼𝒔]

"Hoseki-san, Mikey called the executives for a meeting." A girl with black hair and red eyes informed her boss who was typing something on her laptop.

"Why so suddenly?" The woman with black straight hair and gray eyes peeled her eyes away from her laptop screen and stared at her assistant.

"Sanzu is yet again claiming that there's a traitor among us." Her assistant's sigh was followed by an eye roll. They are getting sick of Sanzu's antics.

Sanzu has always been suspicious of the two. He hates the two so much that he always works up his brain into thinking they will betray Bonten.

And maybe he has a basis for this. There was actually a time that Bonten had an enemy and the two tried to frame Sanzu to be an accomplice. They reciprocate his hate just as much.

"You're sure you did nothing, Kazemi?" Hoseki asked in a straight voice but to Kazemi, who spent her life devoted to the woman, she could immediately understand she meant it as a joke.

She faked an offended gasp. "Hoseki-san! You know I could never do that." Hoseki raised her right eyebrow to the statement.

"Not without consulting you." Kazemi added with a grin. The statement elicited a hearty laugh from the two of them, it was something they both know too well.

Hoseki turned off her laptop and picked up her files and stacked them neatly. Kazemi automatically carried all of them, it's a routine engraved in her body. 

"But you know, Kazemi… If you're ever tired of Bonten and decided you wanted to betray and leave. I hope you'll tell me." Hoseki is serious as she said it and smiled softly at her assistant.

"Of course I will tell you, Hoseki-san. You know I tell you everything." Kazemi wondered for a moment why her boss even had to tell her something so obvious.

"I hope you tell me because I will definitely help you." Hoseki then grinned mischievously.

"Why would you help me take down Bonten? Aren't you friends with Haitani Ran?"

"He is a friend, but you are a close friend." Kazemi reluctantly nodded but was not quite convinced of her boss' reason. She followed her long enough to know that there must be more to it.

Hoseki was about to open the door of her office when she stopped and looked over at Kazemi, her hands still at the doorknob.

"Let's just say that it's my way of making up to you for dragging you in this shit hole." The surprise was evident on Kazemi's face at her boss' sudden words.