𝑽𝑰𝑰.

[𝑩𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒏]

[𝑩𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒏]

"What was the reason you two kept declining my request to meet up?" Tension filled the VIP room of the restaurant Hoseki, Nikooru and Shikari were in as soon as Hoseki dropped her rhetorical question.

Of course, once again, Hoseki doesn't need their answer. She knows why they kept declining her request. The way the two of them can't look her in the eye right now confirms that.

Hoseki clicked her tongue as she closed her eyes, trying to suppress her rising temper. "What is the deal with the Kanto Manji Gang rebranding as Bonten and becoming a criminal organization?"

Hoseki dropped the main point. The reason why she wanted to meet up and the reason they kept declining.

They couldn't face Hoseki in guilt and shame.

One again, silence filled the room. None of the two dared to say a word as if they were frozen in place by Hoseki's cold stare.

Hoseki let out another sigh to keep herself from snapping.

Calm down and hear their side first, Hoseki. Nothing good will come out from you lashing out on them.

"I'm disappointed, really. You're both part of a criminal organization?" She kept blurting out words because the two won't talk. While trying her best to keep her tone normal.

She's aware that Shikari officially joined Kanto Manji Gang when they reunited because she wanted to hang around Nikooru. It was fine with Hoseki as long as they promised not to kill anyone like Mikey does.

But this is different. They're definitely getting assigned to illegal assignments now that Bonten is officially a criminal organization.

"The prosecutor's office has been busy lately because of numerous murder cases. Most suspecte weren't indicted either by lack of evidence or we found out they were just scapegoats. Which one in Bonten did it?" Hoseki pressed further despite the lack of response. She's already getting a lot just from watching their facial expressions. 

Of course how can they easily respond to her? They're guilty and intimidated at the same time. Who wouldn't be?

At the age of 27, Hoseki is already a well-accomplished woman. Although it's no surprise to people who knew her ever since highschool. She was recently appointed as a Superintending Prosecutor, one of the ten who heads one of the High Public Prosecutor's Offices.