𝑿.

[𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭]

[𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭]

"What are you doing there, Haitani?" Hoseki rolled her eyes as she sighed when she opened the door of her new office and it revealed the said man standing there as if he's contemplating how to knock.

Bonten bought themselves a three-story building and made it their new hideout. Kokonoi and Hoseki just had a talk earlier about having it expanded in the near future as their organization continues to grow bigger.

It's been three months since Hoseki joined Bonten and she just recently earned herself a position as an executive due to her outstanding talents in strategy.

"I was just gonna check if you need help in organizing your office?" Haitani Ran smiled sheepishly in embarrassment that he was caught.

"That's all?" Hoseki asked as if she didn't believe his answer. Ran faked an offended gasp as he raised both of his hands as if surrendering.

"What ulterior motives do you think I have?" He asked playfully. Even though they became friends ever since the night Hoseki blew up a ship, their usual bantering remained.

"I have nothing in particular in mind but it's just really hard to believe every word you say." Hoseki retorted lightheartedly as she went back inside her office while leaving the door ajar as an invitation for Ran to follow.

"Ouch." Ran replied with a chuckle as he analyzed Hoseki's office looking for something he can do to help. He opted to just help her unbox.

"So? Have you guessed it?" Hoseki opened up a topic about a conversation they had around three months ago.

"I really think I'm right and you just keep telling me I'm wrong." Ran accused her with squinted eyes as they kept up with arranging her stuff in her office.

"Sheesh. What do you think I am? A cheater? A liar?"  Hoseki widened her eyes at him as if he's threatening him to think straight.

"If you didn't get your tattoo in the neck then why did you keep wearing turtlenecks or scarves ever since you got your tattoo? Just like now! You're wearing a scarf turtleneck again!" Ran pressed his argument and pointed at her cream colored short sleeved turtleneck blouse paired with coffee brown colored slacks.

Hoseki laughed sarcastically to ridicule him as she pulled down her neckline to show that she has no tattoo on her neck.

"How can I trust you? You probably covered it with concealer." Ran challenges her. Hoseki thinks he's so funny for insisting that she got her Bonten tattoo right exactly where he and his brother have them. Well admittedly, she kept wearing scarves and turtlenecks because she knows he'll think that way.