𝑿𝑽.

[𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒅]

[𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒅]

He was contemplating ever since earlier if he should approach the woman. His gaze was pacing back and forth from the woman to the ground that he finally got tired of it and decided to just get it over with. Haitani Rindou stood up and approached Nishikawa Hoseki who was having a conversation with his older brother.

The two paused their conversation and shifted their gaze from each other to Rindou who was fiddling with his fingers and was staring at the ground, avoiding their gazes.

Hoseki's assistant, who is also hanging around her office, rolled her eyes while watching Haitani Rindou attempting to talk to Hoseki. If she were being honest, she does have an idea on what the younger Haitani wanted to tell Hoseki and if she could care less about it. At the very least she's sure that the man is just infatuated with her.

"Hoseki, can we talk privately?" After a few seconds of awkwardness, the man finally spoke up, earning a curious expression from the two.

"About what?" Rather than jealousy, it was more like he was teasing his younger brother. Of course, Haitani Ran has an idea on what his brother wanted to say.

"It's none of your business, brother! Damn it!" Rindou uttered out of embarrassment. Ran couldn't help but chuckle at his brother's disposition.

"Ran, stop teasing your brother…" Although she was scolding Ran, there was also a ghost of a smile on the woman's lips. Rindou is sure that Hoseki is also teasing him, like his brother, but couldn't find it in himself to be annoyed at her.

Maybe because he was about to ask for her help?

"Alright, Rindou. Let's talk. Ran and Kazemi, can you two please leave us for a while?" Ran lazily stood up. He tapped his brother on the shoulder before leaving the room. As for Kazemi, she rolled her eyes, not appreciating the fact that she was kicked out of Hoseki's office despite knowing the reason why.

Once the two left the room. Hoseki stood up and checked if the two stayed behind the door to eavesdrop. When she confirmed that they were out of earshot, she closed the door and sat back in front of Rindou who looked nervous having to talk to her alone.

Hoseki raised her brow, prompting him to speak but no words were uttered for a few good minutes and the only sound they could hear was the sound of the air conditioner blasting in the room.

"So… what do you want to tell me?" Hoseki finally decides to speak, realizing that the man wouldn't.

"Uhm… first… won't you get mad at me again?" The woman's brows furrowed in confusion. She can't remember ever being mad at the younger Haitani. She was annoyed at Ran back then, but with Rindou? She can't remember.