𝑿𝑰𝑰

[𝑴𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏]

[𝑴𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏]

Bonten's meeting commenced and it was serious as usual, however everyone in the room could sense the slightest bit of awkwardness and curiosity in the air.

How come their newly recruited member and their secret member knew each other?

At the very least, their leader, Sano Manjiro, doesn't care about it. Akaashi Takeomi, Mochizuki Kanji, Haitani Ran and Kakucho were curious but it didn't bother them much. It was Haitani Rindou, Sanzu Haruchiyo, Kokonoi Hajime and the three girls who were pondering about it deep inside.

"Wait a second, Mikey. I know, our Hoseki here recruited that… girl." Sanzu eyed Kazemi condescendingly as he referred to her with a foul expression on his face.

Nishikawa Hoseki's gaze at him turned sharp, not liking the way Sanzu treated her friend but she kept quiet, with only a seething smile on her face as indication that she's pissed.

"But… don't you think she's yet to prove her worth to Bonten? Especially because Hoseki here is trying to appoint her as executive assistant." Just as Hoseki expected, the man is power-tripping but she can't get herself to snap at him knowing he does have a point. After all, even she had to work hard to prove her worth to Bonten even after being recommended by Shikari and Nikooru.

Some executives such as Akaashi Takeomi and Mochizuki Kanji nodded in agreement, much to Sanzu's delight. Kakucho and Haitani Ran didn't react, as if they were weighing everything and thought Sanzu does have some point. Haitani Rindou looked pissed at Sanzu acting like a jerk and thinks such a thing is not necessary. Kokonoi Hajime is silent and just simply trusts in the friend of his friends. Hanma Shuji has an intriguing knowing smile on his face as if he knows it would turn out well and exciting. Their leader, Sano Manjiro, kept a straight face despite agreeing to Sanzu's concern.

"What do you think, Hoseki? You're in charge of organizing our operations and you are the one who recruited her." Mikey addressed Hoseki much to everyone's surprise. Sano Manjiro is not the type to take advice from anyone in Bonten. He barely even listens to their advisor, Akaashi Takeomi. Because in the end, he's the one who calls the shots.

It seemed like he developed a certain level of trust and respect to the woman who became one of Bonten's backbone. It feels surprising and somehow not surprising at the same time for the Bonten members. They have a feeling the two would somehow "get along" ever since Hoseki's first day in Bonten.

"Yeah, I agree, no problem. I have a mission that will utilize her capabilities well." The woman replied in her usual flat tone. Although her friends actually expected her to fight and protest the decision to protect Kazemi, they weren't worried because if Hoseki decided that way, she must have a reason and probably already calculated the risk. She's not someone who would just go along with someone else's decision just because of hierarchy.