Chapter 12 || Insignificant

You and Five were at the bar thinking about ways to stop this Kugelblitz. You and Five then heard Viktor and Luther arguing in the distance so you both decided to walk towards them.

—"Stop covering for him!" Said Luther.

"Covering what?" You said curious.

"Whats going on?" Said Five.

"He didn't mean to hurt anyone." Said Viktor slightly shaking his head.

"Really? You mean, when he did this!" Said Luther while pointing at Viktor's cut.

"Wait, Harlan did that?" Asked Five.

Diego then walks in.

"That's it, I'm gonna end him." Said Diego who overheard the whole conversation.

"Look, I know how it looks but Harlan didn't ask for this." Said Viktor in a worried tone.

"He killed Jayme and Alphonso, not you. He's the reason we're in this mess and he's our only way out of it!" Said Luther stopping Viktor mid sentence.

"I mean Luther isn't wrong. If we're gonna have an iota of a chance of getting out of this alive we need access to the Kugelblitz." Said Five.

"Theres only four of them left we can just overpower them, right?" Said Viktor.

"What and risk losing some of us in the process? Harlan is insignificant." Said Five.

"You told me once that no one is insignificant." Said Viktor to Five.

"They're just gonna kill him." Said Viktor.

"Uh, so? We are talking about one person versus saving billions of lives here I mean, is this really a debate for you people?" Said Lila who had just walked in.

"Woah where did you come from?" You said.

"I've been here the whole time." Said Lila slightly smiling.

You didn't really know which side to choose here. You understand Viktor completely but you still wanna live.. I mean, the end of the world again? When is this gonna end.

"Hey little britain you don't get a vote!" Yelled Viktor to Lila.

"Lila lives in this universe too, besides shes family now. Kinda.. sorta." Said Klaus.

"Okay where are you all coming from!?" You said.

"I don't give a shit about The Sparrows but I'm not gonna let scary ass Grandpa finish you off." Said Diego talking to Viktor.

"Five days ago he was just a little kid. And what, now I'm supposed to just decide whether he lives or dies?" Said Viktor.

"Viktor, we're down to ethical triage here, all right? We can't save everyone. The kindest cut wins." Said Five.

"Allison and Y/n haven't voted yet.." Said Viktor.

Suddenly all the attention was brought to you and Allison.

"Where did you even come fro- you know I'm not even gonna ask anymore." You said talking to Allison.

"Oh uh, I'm sorry Viktor but I'm on Five's side." You said.

"You always wanted to be on the team Viktor, this is what it is. Saving the world means making the hard calls." Said Luther.

"I hate this." Said Viktor.

"Yeah I know, I'll go get him." Said Luther.

"Wait no- let me do it. He trusts me, I can convince him to come quietly." Said Viktor before heading upstairs.