That Idiot Honestly Thinks It's Haunted? Moron.

Thank you all for 29 votes and 500+ reads! Nearly 600 reads! ❤️❤️

Mei's POV

"Mei...Mei! MEI WAKE UP!"

I groan and roll over. What a fucking terrible decision.

You really shouldn't roll over when you're 12 metres above the ground.

I free fall and brace myself when a certain rubbery arm catches me. "Shishishi! You're lucky I caught you!"

Luffy drops me the rest of the way and I emit a dark aura.

He jumps down from the tree.

Not a second later he was writhing in pain on the ground causing by me punching him in the head multiple times. 3 huge lumps grow on top of his head. "Owwww! Mei! What the hell was that for?!" Luffy whines, tears gathering in the corners of his eyes.

"You damn bastard! Don't wake me up like that!" I growl. "I'll kill you someday...."

"Sorry...."

I sigh. "Now what the hell made you wake me up by yelling at me?"

He jumps to his feet, eyes sparkling. "There's a haunted house! I forget where it is though, so I woke you up to show me! I wanna catch ghosts~" he grins widely.

I blink. "A...a haunted house?"

"Yeah!"

"What makes you think it's haunted?" I question.

"It was dark! And spooky! And it wasn't in the village! And...there were cobwebs and....and uh...lots of dust!" He struggles to come up with more reasons, turning red from thinking.

"Luffy..." I roll my eyes. "Stop thinking or your brain will explode. It's not used to logical thinking. Or thinking in general."

"Hey!"

I sigh, dread crawling up my spine. "So it wasn't in the village, eh?"

He nods rapidly. "Uh huh! You gonna show me?"

"..."

Luffy looks at me expectantly.

"...No." I turn and start walking away from him.

I see him comically fall over in the corner of my eye. "No fair!"

He chases after me. "C'mon! Show me! Meiiiii!"

I side eye him.

He looks at me with puppy dog eyes.

I look forward again without answering.

He pouts. "Meiiiii! Pleaseeeeee!"

"Nope."

"I'll give you money."

"You don't have any."

"I'll let you sit on my special seat for a bit," Luffy says, referring to the Merry's figurehead.

"Not worth it."

"I'll...give you meat?"

"You don't sound too sure of yourself there, so no."

"If you don't...." he grins. "I'll force you to join my crew!"

I stop walking.

Luffy looks triumphant.

"You've already tried to force me, so I don't care."

His face falls and he falls over again. "Eh?! Mei! Just take me to the haunted house!"

"No is no." I start walking again.

"Come onnnnnn~!" He continues whining.

"Find it yourself."

"I've already tried! I got lost! It's too dark to see and-" he trips over a tree root. "And it's not fairrrr!"

"It's your own fault you can't see in the dark. Idiot."

"If you take me to the haunted house...I'll...I'll do anything!"

I look back at him and smirk. "Really~?"

He nods so fast I'm surprised his head his didn't bounce everywhere.

I turn towards him and put my hands on my hips. "Fine. I take you there and you stop bothering me about joining your crew," I offer.

"Eh?! No way!!!"

I shrug. "No haunted house then."

"B-But..." Luffy's face looks crestfallen, as if I'd stolen all his meat. Actually it looks like someone died or something. "I want you to join my crew and show me the haunted house...."

"Too bad."

Luffy suddenly lights up and forms a fist with one hand, letting it drop into the palm of his other hand. "I refuse your refusal!"

"I didn't refuse. I just said no."

"I say no to your no!"

An irk mark appears on my forehead. "I say fuck off."

Luffy furrows his eyebrows. "And....I say...."

"Go away, idiot. I'm not taking you to this 'haunted house' as you call it. Leave me alone."

I turn to walk away again, but the idiot just had to say something to get me to stop.

"I'll get you booze!"

Ah, dammit...now the idiot knows my weakness....

My eyebrow twitches.

Luffy's eyes sparkle. He knows he's won.

"F-Fuck...."

"C'mon.....say it....say it..." I hear Luffy mumble under his breath.

"Dammit....f-fine! I'll take you to the damn h-house!" Another irk mark appears on my forehead.

"Yessss!"

"But! You need to promise you'll buy me booze! Lots of it!"

"Ok! I promise to get you lots of booze!"

It wasn't until later I realised he didn't say he'd buy it.

~*~

"Is this the house you were talking about?" I ask.

"Yup! See? It looks haunted!" Luffy grins. "Time to catch some ghosts!"

I process his words. He...he actually thinks he can catch ghosts? Even if they were real—which they're not—how the hell can you catch a ghost? Ghosts can phase through anything! Judging by the look on Luffy's face, however, I doubt he's smart enough to figure that out.

And that idiot honestly thinks it's haunted. Moron.

"I'll wait out here." I pause. "Until, of course, you catch some ghosts. I'm definitely gonna want to see them," I add sarcastically.

Luffy pouts at me. "Come with me!"

"Nope. I said I'd take you here. Not go on a wild goose chase."

Luffy head whips toward the two-story house. "Goose?! Where?! Sanji can cook it!"

I pinch the bridge of my nose. "A wild goose chase is an expression. Oh, Lord, help me."

Luffy grabs my wrist.

Ah, shit.

And drags me.

Shit.

And opens the door.

Fuck.

Damn...if I could I would 100% pass out right here, right now.

Didn't he hear me say I didn't want to go into this house?!

I'm gonna kill him one day. I'm so gonna kill him....He'd never see it coming.