two

┍                                      ┑
—chapter two—
┖                                      ┙

✧˖*°࿐

✧˖*°࿐

✧˖*°࿐

MALIA WAS ANNOYED to say the least. She had been sitting in the living room of the Black house for what felt like ages. Her entire body hurt, and all she wanted to do was go to sleep.

"Malia." Sam said, making the girl stand up off of the couch.

"Can I leave now?"

Sam sighed. "The council wants to talk to you."

Reluctantly, Malia followed Sam to the kitchen and was greeted by the faces of Billy Black, Old Quil, Harry Clearwater, and Takoda Kioke.

"When can I go home."

The older men sighed and shared a look. "With your... condition, we don't think it would be worse for you to leave."

Malia grit her teeth and glared. "Oh, eat shit."

She took a step forward to leave, but was stopped when Sam grabbed her arm. "Take your hand off of me before I break it."

She could feel her body start to shake, which made Sam quickly speak up. "It's not safe for you to go home. It would be endangering Jared."

Malia stopped. "What do you mean?"

Sam dropped her arm. "With your I.E.D it's gonna be much harder for you not to lose your temper. If Jared accidentally pushed you to far and you phase in front of him, he could get hurt."

Malia clenched her jaw, then inhaled deeply. "Fine, where am I supposed to stay if I can't go home?"

"Sam, your house is fairly secluded right?" Old Quil asked.

Sam scrunched his brows, "uh, yeah."

"Would you be comfortable having Malia stay with you until she's ready to return home." The man suggested.

Malia looked in between them. "Yeah, no. I don't know him. There's no way in hell I'm gonna live with him."

"I'm afraid you don't have much of a choice. We need you to be somewhere secluded so that in case you have an episode and shift, you won't be putting anyone in danger."