five

┍                                      ┑
—chapter five—
┖                                      ┙

✧˖*°࿐

✧˖*°࿐

✧˖*°࿐

IT HAD BEEN TWO WEEKS since Malia's conversation with Sam, and things were weird. To her at least. Sam acted like everything was normal, and technically they were. But Malia just felt weird.

She had never told anyone about that stuff, and she never expected too. Especially not to someone she had only really known for less than three weeks.

And even though they hadn't known each other for that long, the pair had spent pretty much every single hour of the day together. Mainly working on Malia's self control, but that was besides the point.

Between spending all that time together, and the whole bonding over the fact that they can shift into wolves thing, the two had kinda became... friends?

And Malia had started to become friends with Emily too, who was around a lot more than Malia expected she would be. Even though Sam swore that he and Emily were just friends, Malia could tell he wanted to be more.

But, Emily wouldn't allow it, she couldn't do that to Leah. She couldn't start dating her cousin's ex-boyfriend. Of course, Malia only knew about this because Sam accidentally let it slip through the mind link when they were on patrol once.

"Hey Malia!" Emily greeted as the younger girl entered the kitchen. She had gone off on a run for about an hour, and after burning off all those calories, she was starving.

"Muffin?"

Emily gestured to the bowl of muffins she had placed on the table. Malia grinned reaching for them immediately. She grabbed three of them, scarfing the first one down, making Emily giggle.

"Would you like a plate for the crumbs?"

Malia nodded, giving the woman a 'thank you' as she set the plate down in front of her. She continued eating the muffins until she was finished.

As she ate the last bite, Sam entered the house. He greeted Emily before sitting down at the table in front of Malia. "Malia."

She nodded her head in acknowledgment, silently telling him to continue. "I talked to the Elders, and we think you're ready to go back to school."