ten

┍                                      ┑
—chapter ten—
┖                                      ┙

✧˖*°࿐

✧˖*°࿐

✧˖*°࿐

IN THE WEEKS FOLLOWING Emily's accident, her face had healed up, leaving three long scars in its place. No matter how many times the woman told Sam that it was okay and that she knew it was an accident, the alpha still refused to go within three feet of her; too scared he would hurt her again. The man had thrown himself into patrols.

Meanwhile, Malia had somewhat taken charge. She had sent Jared to accompany Sam on patrols while she basically babysat Paul.

He was almost as bad as she was, the tiniest thing set him off, and not having Sam in the right head space to help was proving to be difficult.

Malia was out in Sam's backyard when the sound of a car pulling into the driveway caught her attention. She pointed to Paul, "stay here."

He rolled his eyes at her, but listened.

Malia walked around the side of the house, surprised when she saw Emily getting out of her car. She looked like a woman on a mission the second she slammed her car door shut.

"Where is he?"

The teenage girl didn't need a name to know who she was talking about.

"He's on patrol," and before Malia could tell her that they would be back soon, Sam and Jared appeared through the trees.

Emily pointed an accusing finger at the man, before making her way towards him. Sam was frozen in his spot, Malia could tell he wanted to step back, ensure she didn't get too close to him, but on the other hand he couldn't bring himself too.

She knew he ached to see her, she had felt it. One of the many 'perks' of sharing a mind link with the other people; you could feel everything they felt, and you could see everything they have seen.

Jared looked between the two as Emily grew closer, opting to step away so he didn't get caught up in whatever was about to happen.

Malia wasn't exactly sure what Emily was about to do, but what she definitely hadn't expected, was for the woman to reach up, hands grabbing the sides of Sam's face, before pulling him down to crash her lips to his.