eight

┍ ┑
—chapter eight—
┖ ┙

✧˖*°࿐

✧˖*°࿐

✧˖*°࿐

WHEN MONDAY CAME Jared had returned to school without his sister. Sam had allowed her to stay at his house, knowing she was still shaken up about the incident with her mother.

He was honestly surprised Jared decided to go back, especially after he had "one of his days" as Malia liked to call it. It was the only time she had left her room.

Sam often forgot that Jared shared the same disorder that his mom did. It only ever hit him when he would walk past the bathroom in the mornings and see him toss a few pills in his mouth before washing them down with water.

Malia had missed the whole week, and when Friday came, Sam had tried to convince her to come to Emily's with him, to no avail.

So Malia was sat at Sam's house. Waiting for Jared to get out of school when she finally forced herself to go outside.

She had decided to go for a run. It was kind of a relief when she shifted, like her body had ached for it since Jared had offered to take her patrols the last few days.

She didn't know how long she had ran for, but she was caught off guard when a pained howl rang through the air followed by the sound of Sam's panicked voice echoing through her head.

"Sam?"

"I DIDN'T MEAN TOO."

She had no idea what was happening. She tried her best to make out what he was saying but he sounded hysterical. She finally caught a few words, eyes widening when she did. "What happened to Emily."

"I just— I lost control. I didn't mean too. OH MY GOD WHAT DO I DO?"

Malia's breathing quickened. Holy shit. What was she supposed to do? She racked through the solutions in her head. "Sam, I need you to try and shift back, okay? You need to try and stop the bleeding."

"I can't— I killed her—"

"Okay, I'll— I'll be there with help soon." Malia was in way over her head. "Just, just try and shift back."