12

3rd person POV:

Jungkook groaned as his head felt like hell and was wrapped around in thick bandages as he kept his eyes closed.. he took a deep breath when he opened his eyes and licked his lips which were dry.."w-wat-er.." he whispered as his tears fell down because of the immense pain in his head because of surgery that didn't happen too many hours ago.

Taehyung who had been resting his eyes while sitting down jolted when he heard his voice and stood up immediately walking towards him.

"What do you want jungkook?" Taehyung asked as he didn't hear it the first time because of the voice being so unclear.

"W-water." Jungkook whispered again as tears constantly fell from his eyes.

"Water?" Taehyung repeated before he immediately poured water into a glass and made jungkook sit up before he made him drink water.. jungkook tried to hold it with his trembling hands but gave up on it as taehyung fed him properly.

The younger placed his hand on taehyung's to indicate it was enough.

Taehyung placed the glass aside on the table and turned back towards jungkook who was wiping his cheeks with his badly shaking.. almost numb hands.

The elder hesitated a little before he sat beside him and pushed jungkook's hand from his face and wiped his cheeks by himself and didn't look at him in the eye even once meanwhile jungkook was silently staring at his face the whole time.

"I s-surv-ived h-yung." He stuttered in a low voice.. breaking the silence in the room after taehyung backed up after wiping his face.

"Yes you did. I am proud of you." Taehyung said back with a smile even though all he wanted to do was cry seeing the blank expressions of the boy infront of him.

"I am n-not.. but w-will you sign the p-papers now? P-please." Jungkook was having difficulty while speaking because of his head as his whole body felt extremely weak as well.

Taehyung widened his eyes for a second as he heard that.. he hadn't expected the younger to ask that so soon right after waking up.

"Right now?" Taehyung asked him with a lump in throat.

"Yes.. i did what you asked me to. Now it's your turn." Jungkook whispered to him before he closed his eyes while leaning back.

"Leave as soon as possible please. I am not dying anymore." Jungkook said with a tired and pained expression.

Taehyung didn't say anything and just hummed in response before getting up and bringing the divorce papers with him as he blinked his eyes to blink away the tears as he felt an ache in his heart.

"Just let me stay here till you recover?" Taehyung requested in a low voice making jungkook open his eyes and shake his  head in denial.

"Medical staff will take care of me. Please leave.. thank you for being here last one week." jungkook thanked him.. he felt like he was being ungrateful to the elder.. but he was just so hurt he can't help himself.

"I will leave." Taehyung responded and nodded his head.. wanting to respect the younger's wish before he took hold of a pen uncapping it before he glided the pen on the paper.

You asked for it. It's your wish now even though he was the one who brought the papers first. Don't be bitter about it now.

Jungkook thought to himself as he blinked his eyes to not let his own tears drop when he saw a drop of tear falling on the divorce papers just as taehyung got done with signing it.

"Then see you in the court for this. Take care of yourself, good bye?" Taehyung said which came out more as a question as he exhaled deeply and didn't even bother to hide his teary eyes.

Jungkook didn't like that look on the older.. not at all. It hurt his heart seeing the one he loves the most in the world crying because of him.."why are you crying? You are free of me now.. you should be happy." He whispered in a hoarse voice.

Taehyung chuckled as he heard that.."because i am a selfish man. I don't want to let you go. I am too used to Kim jungkook's presence around me. Why would I be happy when i never wanted to be free from you? You weren't holding me back from anything that you would free me.

I am a very bad man.. i know i don't fully love you yet even though feelings are still there. I know i don't deserve you after what i have done to you in past 2 years. Yet i was used to recieve the unconditional love you gave me despite everything.. and who doesn't like being loved. Who would want to let go such a perfect partner even when i know i treated you like shit even though it was unknowingly." Taehyung told him honestly.

Jungkook looked away from him.."you admitted your faults atleast and apologised.. i didn't do that. I am the bad man here too.. you aren't the only one who is bad.

I should have understood that feelings can't be forced yet i kept trying to make you love me. I was immature about it.. i should have talked to you about it as well before it went too late.

I am sorry too.. i should have known that you weren't someone who was meant for me. I am sorry for everything. Just know that i still love you.. but i will try my best that i don't do for much longer." Jungkook apologised as well without letting any tears fall.

"See you in court.. good bye. Take care of yourself for me since i won't be there anymore to do so." Jungkook said with a slight smile.

"I will do."

____________