Masks

This is a little filler chapter, the next will be longer!

So from Alexandra's perspective it will be first-person, anyone else it will be third-person!

Love comments and feedback!

The weariness of exhaustion loomed over my body, the aches growing ever apparent by the passing minute. Well, a ten-hour meeting to ensure that everything for my little bonfire was ready to go at a moment's notice, followed by a twelve-hour flight to a country I hated followed by a tense meeting that tested the limits of my self-control not to shoot Kan in the throat would pull anyone under. This not accounting for the days of hunting and securing information, snuffing out potential embers in my family's numerous businesses (thank the stars that I had placed key family members in charge all over the world, it saved me the hassle of having to travel there myself), and watching the interrogation as Anakinn and Chan squeezed out information from the mini moles that I had graciously gift wrapped and placed in their cells.

That was one of Korn's greatest mistakes... he ruled his organisation solely on the basis of fear. Submission based of fear would never amount to loyalty earned by respect, and that submission could very easily be bought by the right price.

I tilted my neck, sighing in relief as I felt the crack. My eyes remained closed as I took a sip of whiskey, the burn ever welcomed.

They did not remain close for very long as shouts echoed outside my door, I knew it could not be Porsche as he had went after Anakinn who cited they had much to talk about (or at least I hoped they were talking and not falling into bed instead of clearing the air like functioning adults).

"Who do you think you are stopping me in my own home?"

A small smile formed as I realised exactly who was causing such a commotion, I should have expected it soon, after all, Korn had placed me in a suite that shared a floor with Tankhun's.

Placing the whiskey back onto the table, I walked to the front door and pulled it open to reveal a very annoyed Tankhun being held back by my guards who were being held by Arm and Pol in an effort to pry their hands off Tankhun. They froze as they noticed my presence, resembling a moment from a cartoon.

I waved my hand at them before standing to the side of my door, an invitation for them to enter. I shook my head in amusement as Tankhun pushed my guards aside, adjusting his clothes with a princely attitude before entering my room as though he owned it.

"Remain here."

My guards nodded before moving back to their original places. I turned to see Tankhun had taken my previous spot on the sofa, an arm thrown over the back of the sofa while the other rested on the top of his crossed knees. He had slipped on a long ornate red coat with gold stitching that sparkled against the light. The air of a spoiled child radiating off him, but yet, there was a sharpness hidden behind those ridiculous sunglasses... it intrigued me enough to play along.

I sat myself on the sofa opposite him, mirroring his seating position as I smiled.

"I do not suppose that this is purely a social call..."

He scoffed, his hand flicking in a large dismissive wave. It was fascinating to draw the difference between him and Kan. His uncle wore loud and bright accents to call attention to himself, and place himself in the spotlight. Tankhun on the other hand, seemed to wear all these colours and patterns to draw other's attention from something else.

"The scene you played with my uncle was extremely entertaining, like a shot from a series, I like that!"

Arm and Pol looked between us with widened eyes, my own eyebrows lifting in amusement.