Heartbreak

"I'm surprised that you did not argue with Kinn stealing Porsche away for that helicopter ride, he even took him away from me! I could not even celebrate one of my favourite bodyguard's birthday before my brother whisked him away! Annoying!"

I bit my lips to stop myself from laughing as Khun paced up and down his living room, white fluffy coat swishing each time he turned. I merely nodded and continued to sip on an amazing strawberry and banana smoothie... the Theerapanyakul might have their fault, but their food was not one of them.

The day was bleeding into evening and my present had still not arrived so I gave Leo the signal to rock the boat... water should start flooding it any second now.

"I even had these specially prepared for him two weeks ago!"

A rack of high-waisted bottoms ranging from jeans to slacks was rolled in front of me, in various colours that would actually suit Potsche very well.

"While my brother was running like a headless chicken around that bastard of an ex, I was getting designers to make Porsche clothes because frankly his lack of variety is a crime against me... and after all that effort, he runs away with my brother!"

He waved his hands wildly, while Arm and Pol nodded repeatedly in support, before plopping next to me on the couch, taking the smoothie from my hands before sipping broodingly.

"What did you get your brother?"

I smiled wickedly at Khun before popping a grape into my mouth.

"I managed to get the newest unreleased Ducati motorbike, it should be delivered tomorrow. Kinn was thinking about it, but I got it first."

Khun slammed the glass down causing his guards to jump, before turning over to pat my head.

"You! You, I like you, you smart pretty thing!"

A laugh escaped my lips before stuffing a grape into Khun's mouth causing him to stare at me indignantly while chewed.

"uh...Khun Nu?"

Khun huffed and pouted before glaring at Arm.

"Khun Chay has returned, and his guard says that he does not look too well."

Khun's gaze fell to mine. We both knew the reason for this, but we just did not tell each other... both still unsure of the true situation... and both trying to protect their youngest.

"You should go, Xannie."

I shook my head and stared at my hands.

"He does not trust me, Khun... maybe it would be best if you---"

My words remained in my throat as Khun tilted my chin with his fingers so that we faced each other, the seriousness behind the bravado now all too present behind his eyes.

"When it comes to the matters of the heart... there is no one in this entire estate that can give advice for it more than you."

I could not help, but smile softly at him, gently gripping his fingers before moving to leave the room.

<>

My strategy of taking deep breaths before meeting my youngest brother took a cruel halt as the sound of crashes and screaming echoed down the hallway of Chay's floor. Fiat and I sprinted to down it before stopping outside his door where his own guards stood around, unsure of whether to enter or not.

"Khun Chay told us to remain outside, Khun Alexandra--"

The air was punctuated with the sound of glass shattering. I took the master key from Fiat before turning ti the rest of the guards.