Crumbled Papers

-written in english
-fiction
-slight angst (maybe)

Started: July 13, 2022
Ended: July 13, 2022

Haruto's PoV:

"Why don't you come at Yedam? He's just beside my studio." Asahi talked to me after I told him what I've observed about Yedami these past few days.

"I'm shy."

"Then don't be? Just talk to him. There's nothing to be shy about."

"There is."

"Hm?" He look at me suspiciously. I stood up to avoid getting asked about it.

"Nevermind, I will."

"Good."

He look back at his monitor while I walk myself out of his studio. I look at the time of my phone.

'17:41'

I sigh and gulped as many as I can before I knock at Yedam's door. No one answered so I let myself in.

"Sorry for the bother— oh he's sleeping." I said as I look at the person who's sleeping on his 'small' bed. I look around the room and found out there's a mess in his table.

His table is full of crumbled papers. I sighed again and looked at Yedam.

'What's up with you, Yedam? You're not like this before.' I thought.

I picked the crumbled papers and put it in a paper bag that I've found beside his working table. I was about to throw it away, but I don't know what's in my mind but I read it one by one. It's maybe invading privacy, maybe not since it's crumbled. But I'll tell him later I've read them.

There's really nothing in it, just a random lyrics and some japanese written sentences. I chuckled, he's still learning japanese, and I find it cute.

I'm in the last two pieces of the crumbled papers, my smile faded after reading the last two. My lips fell down and I'm trying to stop myself from crying.

I face his direction after I heard him groan. He facepalm his self to wake himself up when his eyes darted in mine. His brows knotted.

"What are you doing? Wait, are you crying?" He panicked after seeing me. He quickly get up and walk towards me.

"Hey, talk to me. What's wrong?—" he stops asking as soon as he saw what I'm holding. He look back on his table, beside me where the paper bag is placed  and back to my hand. He gave me a confuse look.

"Did you read all of the crumbled paper?" I nodded and lower my head.

"Why?" He asked, I didn't answer.

"Yah, Haruto. Why did you read it?" I didn't answer.

"You won't answer me?" He asked in a threatening way, that's when I shot my head up.

"How about you, Yedami? Why did you write these?" I said, tearing up. I show the two papers I'm currently reading to his face. I saw how his face changed from confuse to gloomy.

"You won't answer me too?" My voice cracked, he sigh.

He tried to take the paper away from me, but I stood up, towering him.

"It's nothing, alright? Don't mind it." He said as he look up to me.

"Then what's with the 'sorry' and 'good bye' here? Are you leaving us?" I showed him the  paper. He didn't answer nor did he break out eye contact.

"W-we promise each other that w-we won't l-leave then why here—"

"I. AM. NOT. LEAVING. LIKE. WHAT. YOU'RE. THINKING. I told you it's nothing, I'm just practicing my japanese. Now give me back those."